1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Dodge 2500 with new plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BigDave12768, May 4, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok the plow is not new. But it looks ok and I will grind off all the rust and painted this summer. I drove out to Palmer MA this evening to look at it. I took the blue truck becuase I wasnt sure how the silver one would do on the highway with a plow on for 90 miles. So I get the plow back and drop it in my space. I lil bit of an issue since the handles on pins are a bit bent and they wouldnt stay all the way out. But I got it off. So I go change trucks and pull up the Silver one. I am so spoiled by the MM2 I forget what PIA the MM1 can be. And this one of every bit of a PIA. Since the handles on pins are bent. And I had no old soda bottles handy (jamm them into handle, keeps pins out) I muscle around the plow and after 10-15 mins its mounted on truck. So I pop the hood and start hooking up cables. Now usually this is the easiest part. I hop into truck and FishStik isnt lit up at all. Damm it!!! I turn on lights. DAMM it no lights. What the hell happened to my truck. There I was all proud of myself for hooking up plpw and even troubleshooting it a bit. I pop the hood and look at all connections. I follow the ground wire and positive. But the system has no power. So I check fuses they are fine. I change out the ISO real fast. Still nothing. So now I figure I will just give up and post my issues on site and hopefully someone can tell me what I am missing. So I walk to hood and look at the power cable. Both look good. The plow one could use a lil grease. But terminals are good. Now I check the other connections. I pull one apart and all connections look good. Then I reach for other one and noticed that I replugged the truck side harness together. So the plow cable we connected to each other and the truck side was connected together, I am such an idiot!!! So I plug them in correctly and plow works!!!!!

I got plow for 1100 with a Fishstick controller and the white label ISO and the 4 wires under hood. Pretty much all the stuff I just bought. But I figure I can sell the wire off and recoup some loot and plow should be good deal then

On question about plow. Should this plow be as fast as my Xblade? It seems slower. I only owned a SEHP MM1 before this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

i have one that work's just as fast as my xblades
    looks nice payup

3. BigDave12768

Thx Milton. I may just a be plugged filter. I plan on doing the filter and changing Fluid.

4. miltonplower

from ontario

ya that would probally help by the way how old is the plow?

5. BigDave12768

Well all the wiring had 02 on it. So I am assuming its an 02. Once i sell off wiring it becomes a decent deal. Plus I got a Fishstik thats worth 150 all day long.

6. miltonplower

from ontario

good deal here in ontario i have to pay atleast 2000 for a used plow

7. miltonplower

from ontario

a decent one that is

8. BigDave12768

Yeah, Things are up there are pricey, huh

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

why didnt you just merge this thread with your other pic thread about this truck??? are you going to make a new thread eveytime you take new pics of the truck? just curious.

10. BigDave12768

I dont know. Becuase the other one went astray with the crane.

11. BigDave12768

Changed out the Bed caps to Black Bushwackers to match the toolbox

[​IMG]