1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Dodge 2500 V10

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BigDave12768, Apr 28, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I got all the wires hooked up and headed over to see if it would move my plow.( I park it a couple towns over). Sure enough.....Click...Click... Click.. Click....DAMMM IT!!!. Well at least the headlights and turn signals should work on plow. Nope No markers lights or turn signals. So I hop back in truck and start reading mechanics guide again while hitting the joystick over and over hoping it will make it magicly work. Not such luck. Just click click click. So I look at the turn signal first real quick. Well I figure that out fast. I blew the 15 amp fuse. Had my trusty electricaly kit with me. So it was a quick fix and I had turn signals. Now to figure out why I was only clicking. I ran a screw driver across top of solonoid real fast and plow lifted. Well I had my emergency Fisher kit with me. So i had a new solonoid on me. Changed it over real fast. Problem solved. Plow worked perfect. Now I just have to find an off truck setup for it. The Xblade goes on my Blue Dodge. Seem to hold the weight real well. Maybe a couple hundred punds ballast.

I have no idea about the tractor but figured I would pop off a photo of it since some of you guys like old tractors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Sweet looks good! your 04 looks really cool sitting next to the v10.

3. BigDave12768

Thx. I can park it in the garage for the next couple days. We got a 160 ton crane out front of building for a couple days and they resticted parking out front on road. So I wedged it in to a small space beside my truck that no one rents.

4. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

what kind of plow you got on the v10?

5. BigDave12768

Its going to be a Fisher of Some sorts. I just did the wiring for a Fisher. Truck came with Fisher push plates

6. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

i'd go with a 8.5 v x blade

7. BigDave12768

Um Yeah but its a second truck I am going to let someone else drive. I plan on putting it on as a Sub for a company. So a pricey XBlade is out of Question. A Decent priced MM2 or nice old MM1 with insta-act. So any X blade or V plow is over 3k. I am in the 1000-1500 range

8. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Nice truck, but parked beside your blue one it makes your blue one look wimpy, it definitely needs the towing mirrors.

9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

nice trucks, but wheres the pictures of the crane?

10. BigDave12768

LOL I knew someone would ask that. I will snap a few tomorrow. Its huge. I has like 10 wheels on each side and they needed another crane to put it together. The thing showed up on 4 trucks. The crane it self drove in. But the extension came in on trucks. They are putting a cooling tower in on top of Building. 13 Stories up. Its one of Halomores

11. BigDave12768

Yeah I know. I really like the tow mirrors on the Silver one. This summer I will get a set of power/heated ones off ebay.

12. BigDave12768

Ok here are the cranes. Halamore has some big stuff. I think they have a bigger one than this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

Gotta love the cranes that need a crane to put together :)wesport

where the hell is that anyway im in weymouth all the time and i dont know where the hell it is working lol

14. BigDave12768

Thats Weymouth Port. Past Lane(Wesaguset) Beach to end. Its Just before Web state park. Becareful driving past the beach, Those girls with the Bikini's on will make you hit the curbing as you go past.

15. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

might have to take a ride down there later today

and trust me i know
    not gunna lie i had a job in hull and snagged the outer dually on a curb :(

xysport

16. BigDave12768

Well there packing it up and leaving soon. And its kinda cool out. But web park is a nice place to walk. kinda like Worlds End just no Multi million dollar homes

17. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Those jogging bikinis will get ya every time purpleboupurplebou

18. loudredram

loudredram Member

that looks like a 600 ton Demag crane ....

19. mlc

mlc Junior Member

Dave, Glad to see that you got the wiring figured out. I just logged on tonight and read what you have gone through. I would have gladly helped with any questions about the harness if I had known. That x-blade does look to be a good match.

As a side note, last weekend I pulled a trailer with my 2006 truck with the hemi engine and missed the v10. The v10 just has a lot more torque. I think you'll find it to be a good plow truck for you.

Truck looks better with the running boards off. Were you able to get the rocker panels fixed?
    Steve.

20. BigDave12768

Its all good Steve. I pulled the running boards off. There was so much sand caught up in the rocker panels. I Banged some of it out and air blasted out even more. But the rocker panels were already to far gone. Both sides got sizeable holes in them. But certi fit only wants $80 for a pair of them. So I will cut out the bad area and weld in some new ones. But I sanded off rust and used some primer that stops rust. I will get them done in june. I also sanded door bottoms and just got them primed up now. I pulled the door panels off and Fluid Film the insides and also fixed the passenger side door lock. But other than that its great.

As for the plow wiring. I am kinda glad it happened I learned alot more about the plow setup. So if anything happens to either truck in the future I will know what crashed or B&B are talking about when they say the flux capacitor needs adjusting.