1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 D/Max plow Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GSORK, Dec 21, 2005.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

What size plow to put on? It's a single wheel short bed crew cab.No plow prep avil that year.
    Thanks Gary

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

8' minimum
    8.5' ideal
    9' possible

Crank the T-Bars and look into Timbren's

Run 1Klb balast behind rear wheels.

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

No plow prep EVER available on the CC DMax. I agree a 8 footer is better, but a 7.5' would work fine.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Just as a comparison what I run works out fine for weight, it a very heavy 8' blade. You can go bigger just watch the weights. I went with both torsion bar adjustment and Timbrins to carry it without looking like some with the jacked up rear end. It runs pretty level both on and off the truck.

5. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I have an 8.2 Boss poly V on mine and it handles it just fine. I am going to add Timbrins though.

6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

if you go by western specs, the max plow is 7.6 ultramount standard or midweight (assuming you have 2500hd w/ 4800 fgawr)

if you have the above with 4500 fgawr, unimount 7.2 lsx blade is max
    ,sorry dude.

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just don't go plowing with 4 of your buddies in the cab, and you'll be just fine.

8. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

get an 8.6 with that wheelbase.these guys are way conservitive.IT WILL HANDLE IT WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Going from an 8' to an 8'6" plow is only 14-25lbs more depending on brand.

10. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

I'm running the 9' X-Blade on my truck in the sig. I did 4 turns of the torsion bars and its fine....Im going to order some timbriens next week though.