1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 chevy wiring ques.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tedd, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

I am installing a straight blade 3 plug fisher on my o2 chevy and am having trouble finding info on fisher site. I am not sure which lug on the selonoid to put the black/red wire with ring end. Also I am not sure on how to hook into fuse panel with feed wire, does it need to be fuse protected or just hard wired in. Thanks for any help, snow is falling lightly and still I have no plow. I really need to stop procrastinating ! Tedd

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Not sure on the solenoid, but I don't think it matters. There was a thread on that the other day, have you tried a search? As far as the going to the fuse panel, you can get wire ends to crimp on that are made to fit in the fuse panel. Pull the fuse, slide one prong of the fuse into the wire end and plug back in. I meant to get one this summer when I put my plow on and forgot about it until now! I just stripped some of the insulation on the wire and put it under one prong on a fuse and pushed the fuse back in. Really not the way it should be done, but it has worked for now.

3. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Yeah I did search but to no avail. It is not the two small wires that go to selonoid but another that is black/red not brown/red. It has large ring so goes on large lug I suppose but I was not sure if it goes to constant power side or swithched side. Maybe it does not go on selonoid at all but I assume it does. Thanks again, Tedd

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing that your talking about the battery cable assy with the poweer/ground that goes out to the plow?

Large red goes to motor solenoid (either of the large terminals), other larger terminal takes the red 22" battery cable to the positivbe side of the battery. Large black of the same cable goes to ground, preferably the battery.