1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 chevy gmc truck tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Knightcrawler, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Junior Member
    from ohio

just got a 02 gmc sierra and my buddy also bought one does anybody know what the biggest size tires he can put on it and not change the speedo to much. i have a 1500 regular cab shortbed, he has a 1500 extended cab shortbed z71

thanks

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

I don't think bigger than the stock 265 75R16's will fit without some rubbing. I just went and looked, and with the suspension compressed and tires turned, it's really close. I have the stock fender flares though, and they might decrease it a little bit. I think about the next largest size is 285's, but those would require a little bit of lift, I think. The 265's are about the same size as the 32x11.50 I have on my 83, so I'm happy with them.

Marcus

3. Ric

Ric Junior Member

I have a '02 1500 Extended cab with 285's and have had no problems with rubbing. I believe the next size up is 305's and have heard that does require so lifting...hope this helps.