1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Chevy express has a messed up noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mxr576, Jan 23, 2009.

1. mxr576

mxr576 Junior Member
    from Boston

On my way home from a service call late last night the truck started making a messed up noise. Whenever i would let off the gas, on the highway or anywhere it would almost feel like it down shifts and starts making a loud grinding noise/jake break noise. But it didnt feel like a downshift. the truck didnt slow down anymore and the motor didnt rev out. let me know what you guys think it is or if u have ever had a vehicle do this. Also my starter is on its way out and it works when it wants to. that couldnt be engaging or anything could it? Im going to go replace it now just cause it needs to be done anywys. Its my work truck and it cant be down. If this is a transmission im guna flip. the tranmission in my 97 f250 plow truck went last week. Please help :realmad: