1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 Chevy 1500HD gas pedal sticks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by grahmapammy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. grahmapammy

grahmapammy Junior Member
    from Texas

I have had this taken care of at the dealership before and they cleaned the throttle body. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Mine is out of warranty and I don't want to pay the price they charge to do this. I got a can of the throttle body cleaner at the autoparts store.
  2. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

What mine was were the cable went just sprayed it with carb cleaner and it took care of it mine only stuck when it was cold

JRKRACE Senior Member

I used to do it all the time. First, make sure you have a safe cleaner that wont eat the aluminum throttle body. GM makes a good throttle body cleaner. Some bodys are coated with poly and you don't want to take that coating off.
    Second, disconnect the air inlet hose from the throotle body so as to view the throttle blade. Spray some cleaner with the blade closed and let it soak for a little bit. Take a clean rag and wipe. Then, open the blades with the cable and spray top and bottom. There will be a little "carbon" ridge where the blades close. Wipe this ridge with a rag after a minute or so. Then work the blades while spraying the pivot points and wipe again.

Should be good to go....
  4. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

Do exactly what JRKRACE said to do but try using an old tooth brush soaked with the cleaner first and then finish cleaning with a rag.