1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 chev 3500 mason dump whelen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kitn1mcc, Dec 4, 2011.

1. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

This is a mason dump i just finished up. i started on it back in the spring when they got the truck. i had to remove the old Roll cover and do some Rust/Cancer repair on the body. this truck is green the rest of the fleet with White with Purple. So we added some purple and yes the rings around the lights are painted purple. also had to fix change the way the stock rear lights are monted

Radio Motorola XPR-4500
    Whelen PCC-8R to control both the sander and the lights with custom labels
    front
    linz6 in the grill
    vertexs
    top L32
    Rear
    500 Series tir6
    500 STT
    500 LED Reverse
    Vertex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuzKbB6EHtI

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Nice job. What are those tiny flashing lights at the rear lower side of the dump body? They look pretty bright for such a small light

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I found them, Vertex... i might have to get them.. They look very bright in your vid. how bright actually are they?
    Thanks

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they are amazingly bright. whelen is using a newer Amber/yellower Diode and they kick ass

5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Are these new ones for sale? Link?

6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

they just changed what they use in the lights it is still the same part number

vtx609a

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thank you..Thumbs Up

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

whelen vertex.......not a bad light for 67.00.......but a tir3 for 38.00 is more affordable.