1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 3500 turbo

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Herbie, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

Got an 02 DRW 3500 turbo automatic. Once in a while I have to shift manually into low. Trany wants to start in whatever gear I have the shifter in. Of course it's intermittent so when I take it to the dealer it works fine.:realmad:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's not uncommon for these trucks to start in second gear if you don't come to a complete stop,or get on the gas hard.

Do you have a check engine light ? Any other shifting problems ?

John Dimartino would be the one who would have all the answers for you.Maybe he'll chime in here.

3. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

No check engine light, but brake light and ABS light used to come on. Could not make any connection between the two, lights and shifting, though.
    Dealer wants to change and flush tranny and diff. to the tune of 550.00. :dizzy:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Ouch.Get the parts,and do the stuff yourself for that price. :eek:

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

wow, does that include a 1# tub of vastaline?:p even if you switch to all synthetic it will still be <$150 for the stuff and if you go with dino oil then <$60

6. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

Yeah, you could have knocked me over with a feather. :jester:
    Don't know if I missed something in the translation but I heard the price loud and clear.