1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 2500hd western unimount harness

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Jan 19, 2005.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Does any one have the part # of their harness? I got one the other day from the dealer and I plug it in, the plow works but the lights don't, not even my parking lights or turn signals. Any ideas? :confused:

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Blade......Check out http://www.westernplows.com

You can get the part # for your truck side harness. GM keeps switching the
    headlight set up so the harness(s) changed the last few years.........geo

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  3. xrayman

xrayman Junior Member
    from iowa

check the relays. I just had to go through mine because my low beams on my truck quit working. The trick is finding them look behind the left turn signal. relays cost 12 bucks there were 6 on mine thank god i narrowed the one down that i needed. Good luck

4. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

The problem is I put the harness on and hook all those god d@mn relays up and plug the plow in........plow works but I don't have headlights, they don't even shut off on the truck. I don't even have amber park lights/turn signals. I figure if the headlights didn't come on the truck then the relays were wrong. Been working on this for 3 days and still no results. :confused: :help:

5. BigRedBarn

BigRedBarn Senior Member

Are the lights dedicated on one plug (on the front of the vehicle between the truck and the plow) and the plow controls on the second plug? If so, maybe it's the plug with the lights? That is, maybe that light plug's got a problem? I never tried ech plug by itself, so maybe you can unplug each and try working the plow to see which plug does what???

I guess I have it in the back of my mind about how Western's always moaning and groaning about how every time the plugs are undone that you hafta squirt in a bunch of their pricey dielectric grease. Maybe you could rough up the contacts on the plug for the lights (both male and female contacts)?

Just a possibility from deep left field.

Good luck. Plus too and also, if for some really strange reason I'm right... ya owe me a beer... and none of that cheap generic stuff. (Just kidding... I drink generic all the time.)

6. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

The plow is only a year old and it has been on several different trucks of mine and never had a problem with it. It just has two plugs, juice for the motor and the control harness. I always soak everything in that dielectric grease crap. I haven't gotten the chance to get an o meter out and see if there's juice running to the lights and something is messed up there. Beer is good, especially when its free and cold! :drinkup: