1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02' 250 SD Bushing problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by infineon954, Nov 15, 2005.

1. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Has anyone here replaced any bushings on the front end of their Fords with poly bushings or any type of aftermarket bushings? If so, any luck? Where can I buy from(website links)? Because I replaced my swaybar bushings at the end of last years plow season with factory Ford and they are already f***ed up. :angry: :angry:
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I put urethane bushings on a Bronco 2 I owned for 15 years, it's still tight.
    You have to make sure you grease them well with the right grease when you install them. If not they will squeak.

One trick I learned to get the rubber out of the eye type link was to mount them in a vice,use a drill motor and an old 1/4 drill bit,Drill close to the outside metal rim into the rubber, put some side thrust on the drill bit and reverse the drill motor pulling toward you. It will spin around the outside between the metal and the bushing and walk the bushing right out. It took me 60 seconds to remove the next 3 bushings.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Nice. Thanx for the tip. I'm thinkin about getting an entire kit from ENERGY SUSPENSION