1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

02 1500 trans problems anyone

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by steve wood, Dec 24, 2006.

1. steve wood

steve wood Junior Member

My trans started making a noise in overdrive then the noise stopped. The noise came back and now the truck has no reverse. The fluid does not smell burnt. Anyone had this problem.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hi there, so you are saying the truck has no reverse? Well I have one suggestion for you. I am thinking you probably blew the reverse band on your tranny. I did this 2 weeks ago plowing at 3 am. Do you have a plow on the truck? I had it in the tranny shop at 7 am the same day and they had it for 2 days, cost me $1,200 dollars. I didn't have a problem with my drive at all I had 1st. thru 4th and od just fine. I would just bring it to the tranny shop and tell them what was going on with it and they will tell you what is wrong. They deal with trannys all day everyday, so that is your best bet. Hope this helps.

Ryan

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This truck will have a 4L60-E trans which does have a band in it but it's not for reverse,it's only used in 2nd and overdrive.Sounds like something let go in the low/reverse roller clutch or reaction assembly. Sorry to say but she's gonna have to come out.