1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Trans/OD

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by drifter79, Jul 17, 2006.

1. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

I have ctd with auto trans can just the o/d go out or is it usally the whole trans? From 45 to 55 mph it jumps like crazy once over 60 mph seems fine. If I shut off o/d seems to run good I was just getting ready to have serviced and this just started I do have it serviced yearly Thanks for any help.
  2. drifter79

drifter79 Member
    from pacific

Just to let you know tranny was fine it was batteries the connections were corroded and messed up everything. Dealer said 2000 thru 2002 real tempermental without a good clean electrical connection I will keep mine clean from now on. Truck runs great now:)
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

In my '87 Ram the battery was the problem whenever I hit the gas it would stall. It was a brand new battery, but luckily it was under warranty.
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Wow kinda strange. Never thought that would effect the tranny.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The new generation of trannys have shift solenoids in the tranny.
    (like on your plow, used to open your valves)

If the voltage is to low they can't pull or hold there position.