1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01' to 05' fisher X-Blade frame and wiring, will it fit?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Maleko, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I have a 05' 2500HD, my brother has a 01 2500HD. i want to put his X-Blade on my truck.
    is the plow frame the same for those years? as well as the wiring harness??

Also my truck has HID's headlights. will there be a problem with the light hook up?

Thanks...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming these are GM's.

The push plates will interchange and so will all the wiring if it's a 3 port Iso module system (simply flip the headlamp connectors 180 degrees). However if it's a 4 port Iso you'll need to either change the headlight harness's or re-pin them to be compatible with the 01's positive common headlamp system.

HID's are no problem as long as the connector plugs are secure and grounds are good..

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thank you

yes, sorry they are Chevy's....

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

The push plates are not compatable the 01 takes kit 7161 the 05 is 7169

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they are in his case. You can run 03-up plates on an 01-02, the chassis never changed, only the bumper protrusion. You just can't run the 99-02 plates on an 03-07 or else the headgear ends up against the bumper and that's why there's two different plates sets for 99-02 and 03-up.

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Yes they are what? He's trying to put PP's from a 01 onto a 05 Which he can't do.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes thats my fault, misread his wishes. Correction: 03-07 to a 99-02 yes, 99-02 to a 03-07 no.

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Ok, now you got me confused.

So i CANT take the push plates off my bro's 2001 chevy 2500HD

And put them on my 2005 chevy 2500HD.... Right?

What about the wireing harness??

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, if you were going the other way you'd be fine but you can't run the 01 plates on the 05.

The previously provided info I posted still holds true to the wiring...

4 port = either replace the headlamps harness's with the correct ones for your '05 or repin the current ones on the '01

3 port = flip the headlamp connectors 180 degrees, they'll work on either truck by flipping their orientation.

10. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I'm guessing since the trks a 01 it's a 4 port.Which more than likely is a yellow label module.So besides getting 351/352' cables OR repinning.Wouldn't he need to find/use the updated green label module so ALL his lights would work correctly??

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A yellow label can be used regardless. The difference between the yellow and superceded green labels are only to do with DRL functions and whether the module turns the truck DRL's off or not when the plow is attached.

12. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Right so if he wants the lighting to work the way it should he'll need the grn label

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

DD thought it was "the right way" the first time with the yellow label. :laughing:

It was them that then changed their mind as to how they wanted the DRL's to function. You can still run either one and have both truck and plow light operation.