1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Ranger

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KartAnimal29, Nov 8, 2009.

1. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

Hey guys, first post here.

I've been thinking for a wile now and just decided to put a plow on My Ranger. I see everyone really likes the Sno-Way set-up but I don't have the cash for that kind of set-up at the time. What I did find the other day was a sweeeeeet deal on a Fisher Plow, I'll post the price after I get it ,I see a lot of Ct guys in here :D The only down fall is that the plow is steel and not poly.

Made for Ford Ranger & Bonco II 87-89
    Can Modify Push Plate to work on other small trucks
    i.e. Madza/Chevy/Jeep

6'-6" Fisher Plow Complete Kit -
    Head lights & frame, pump, push plate,
    center drive, V belt, cable Joy stick.
    Pump runs off engine
    New steel cutting edge

I already have a external tranny cooler on. I also see people saying to install a larger alternator , bigger battery , Tinbren's and maybe air bags for the front.

Are there any other mod's that I should look at for my ride?

Thanks Todd

2. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

No One... ?

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a Speedcast system? If so I doubt that it will work. There are a ton of used smaller plows on ebay, CL, wantads look into there and you can get push plates modified by a good install shop. If your willing to travel to the Albany NY area Arrowhead equipment can put a Fisher on anything.

4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict