1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Ram CTD Sport? Plow Questions...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by exmark1, Nov 30, 2005.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2001 Ram 2500 Cummins Ext Cab, Short Bed. I do commercial plowing and am looking to put a plow on this truck, first question is are there any issues with these trucks and plows? Can a plow be installed without cutting the sport nose up, And what plow would be recommended?

Thanks in advance!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

All depends on the actual sport package, some were offered with the full plastic bumper cover and some were just the usual bumper with the lower plastic air dam. The full plastic might have to be trimmed depending on the make of plow (western and fisher you have to), the other bumper you just remove the lower plastic air dam.l

3. Rgory

Rgory Member

The 2001 features the full fascia,

I know from experience that the both the Western Ultramount & Unimount require notching. I notched my sport for an ultramount by simply following the outlines for the tow-hooks on the inside of the bumper. I hear fisher and possibly boss require notching as well, but dont take my word on it.

Ryan

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=28564

there is a pic in this post of my bumper
    Hope that helps...

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I did some research and found that the Hiniker plows fit perfectly with no cutting or altering of the truck nose to make them fit. So I purchased an 8'6" Hiniker V-Plow and am just waiting for it to snow now...