1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Ram 1500 Off Road No Lights :(

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nchiapet, Feb 2, 2014.

1. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

I bought a used unimount plow with harness and mount for my 2001 ram 1500 off road truck. I then found a dirt cheap ultramount mount and ultra to uni mount conversion kit for the truck (way easier to install) I finally finished the install yesterday super early wore out and of course my plow goes up and down left and right (with a bit of chatter) but then i hit the lights and boom theres a passenger marker light ad nothing more. What could be the issue my harness is the old relay style harness and have no idea where to start.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Did you hook the harness up right? Correct harness?

3. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

Everything piggy backed correctly and when i plug plow in my truck lights turn off just no plow lights turn on? My passenger marker light on plow turns on when i turn parking lights on from switch then i turn switch to full on head lights and nothing turns on just the lone marker light.

4. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

you sure the bulbs arent blown out?

5. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

I honestly have no idea how to check if they are they are weird looking bulbs when i opened housing guess we should start there?

6. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ya i would just replace them that way you know you have new ones. Also given the fact that one of the lights does work so id replace the bulbs first

7. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

Okay now my next question is what bulb number is it that the unimount style head lights take? Yea the one marker light on thing was killing me considering it was really late and it was snowing and figured it would be nice if i had it working so it might be obvious they are blown to smithereens :gunsfiring: i feel really stupid if thats what it is but my mind is all jumbled thinking i had wired it wrong.

8. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ya check during the day. See if the filaments are broken but id replace anyways. Id have to assume you wired it right if one of the lights works

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

You can usually lower plow enough to use truck lights when transporting if needed.

10. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

The lights on truck go off when plow is plugged in as they should or I would have done that thanks for the tip though my fogs do work I bet I could make it work. Watching Super Bowl now hoping to strike it rich and not have to work lol!

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I forgot your on western. Meyer and boss can they have separate switch

12. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I forgot your on western. Meyer and boss can they have separate switch