1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'01 Nissan Xterra 4x4

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by IMissPlowing, Jan 4, 2007.

1. IMissPlowing

IMissPlowing Junior Member

I just registered yesterday and think this is great website. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can put a snowplow on Nissan Xterra 6cyl. 4x4 SUV? I was looking at either a SnoWay or Western Suburbanite plow. If so, do I have to make any modifications to the vehicle? I plan on using the plow for doing driveways, personal and maybe a couple of accounts.

2. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

01 nissan xterra 4x4

yes you can put a plow on your nissan suv its on the same body as the nissan trucks

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The surbanite is a great homeowner plow. I would personally stay away from snoway plows at all cost. Another good on to look at is a Blizzard 680LT which is a little more of a commerical plow than a western surbanite.

4. IMissPlowing

I was told by several people after I started inquiring about the Western Suburbanite that it will not fit on my '01 Nissan. There is no mount made for this year vehicle.

5. IMissPlowing

What's wrong with the SnoWay???

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Nothing and everything is wrong with every plow on the market. It needs to be properly matched for the vehicle and local support should be available. I and 100's of my customers like Snoway.

Go to the snoway forum. Look at the things people who have experience with snoway have to say.
    http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Then go to the snoway web site,
    http://www.snoway.com/

read all the responses you get to your questions

Then go buy the plow that you like and can get support for locally and is weight and structure matched to your vehicle.

7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Basher is correct in his statement. I think the better question here is what's wrong with itsgottobegreen and his negativity about Sno-Way? :confused:

Quality products and good dealer support are what should way heavily into everyone's decision when buying a piece of snow and ice removal equipment. For the type of plowing you would be doing with your SUV we can provide the quality product backed by the industry's leading warranty. wesport

As mentioned you can learn more about our snowplows at http://www.snoway.com. Thank you for your interest in our products.

8. CURLERIC

CURLERIC Member
    from NY

hi,
    I have that veh. and looked for applications aprrox. 18 months ago and could not find any.
    rich

9. Seamus

Seamus Member

I have a 95 Nissan D21 KC 4x4 with a Sno-Way MT 6' 8" and it has served me well, even though I have yet to use it this season.If there is a Sno-Way model for your X you should consider it. Good luck!
    Seamus

10. IMissPlowing

What is the average cost for the SnoWay 22 Series?

11. KLEAGLE

KLEAGLE Junior Member
    from MI

01 Xterra Plow.

I just put a Snow-Way plow on my 2000 xterra. It Is actually built on a frontier truck frame. Was a direct fit, no alterations required. If I am correct, the 01, 02 , and 03 are also built on the same frame. I do not think they changed frame design until 04. The Subframe and nose piece for the 01 are the same part numbers as the one's I put on my 2000. The only thing you would have to check is the number etched in the headlight's for the harness. Mine was HB-1. Think the 01 went to the HB-5 ,but not sure. Snow-way dealer should be able to help you with that. Other than that, crank up the torsion bar's all the way, counting the number of turn's on eash side and record it somewhere so you can return them to factory at the end of plow season, 350 or so lbs of rear ballast to even thing's out, and work's great.