1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 f350 taillights out

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by future46r, Jan 3, 2009.

1. future46r

future46r Junior Member

HI, If anybody has any tips it would be appreciated.

My taillights went out on my truck while plowing the other night. signals, brakes and backups work fine, all fuses are fine. I even changed the bulbs to rule that out. I cant find anything else different. Not being too advanced at working on my vehicles I cant think of anything else as nothing really changed that would raise a flag.

Any thoughts?

2001 f350 gas srw

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

do you have a trailer plug out back??
    maybe it got snow in it and shorted out??
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Have you checked the tailight wire going into the light bulb in the lense? does it have power going to it when the parking lights are turned on? If not, start tracing it back until you find what might have gone wrong. The brakes and signals are fed from one wire, the backup lights are another, and the tailights are on their own as well. I'd say you have a split somewhere in the wire that leads to the taillight housing, but finding it might be fun. Like it was said above, check the trailer wiring plug as well. Do you have parking lights working up front?
  4. future46r

future46r Junior Member

thanks guys. I didnt even think about the trailer plug, All kinds of corrosion in there and while my guys at crofts trailers were fixing it they found a lot of corrosion up in the truck wiring too. All set now, thanks for the tips.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The trailerplug has its own fuse