1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"01 f350 7.3l tranny"

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bankroll, Oct 24, 2010.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Hey boys!

any advice on my 7 .3 L f350. It has 280 000km and it seems like the tranny is starting to skip gears. I really noticed it on friday after hauling a heavy trailer . Its just a quick grind or it seems like its stuck in between for a moment(awful noise) progressively getting worse. I find it shifting harder. fluid is not burnt tho. I want to avoid any winter problems, Any advice on a tune up or has this happened to others?? Solid truck tho!

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd say it might be time for a new transmission. If you do get a new one spend the extra bucks and get a BTS tranny. It'll run you abour $4600 plus shipping and installation, but its well worth it. Brian is a great guy and it will be the last time you ever buy a transmission for your truck. They are built for abuse. The warranty is lifetime no matter what you use the truck for, how many mods you have, or how hard you beat the snot out of it.

3. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

^^^^Good advice^^^^
    The BTS with the 6.0 cooler is the last tranny you will put in that truck.
    The BTS is about the same price as a quality build from a regular transmission shop, and will hold all the HP/TQ the 7.3 can throw at it.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The 6.0L cooler is a must. I just put one on my 7.3L. Best upgrade I've done. I can literally feel how much cooler the trans is when in the truck. Amazing upgrade.