1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 f250 light problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sectlandscaping, Dec 28, 2013.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

I had a 9.5 ezv on my 01 f250. The plow came with the truck and it was wired for a straight blade or V. Now that I took the V off to weld it up, I cant figure out how to get the lights to work on a straight blade. It looks like it has either 2 light connectors or 2 wired together. I tried both ways and the headlights stay on. If it wasnt dark I would get you a picture to show you what I'm talking about. Does anyone know if theres even a difference in headlight wiring? Theres a chance the lights dont work.

2. sectlandscaping

Well the V is 3 plug and the straight blade is 2 plug. I think this where my problem is. The V's headlight plug directly to truck side. The straight blade has wiring from the the valve body connected to the lights. So basically the control and lights are wired together. Anyone know how to fix this?

3. sectlandscaping

Well I think if I get part number 26359. Then split the wires between the two plugs. Ill end up with a 3 plug system?

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

conversion

You need to get an 11 pin plow side light wiring harness for the lights and a 3 pin plow side control harness, just convert the two plug plow to a 3 plug plow.

5. sectlandscaping

Thanks, thats 26347 for the light harness? Couldnt I use a 11 pin repair end plug?

6. buddymanzpop

Conversion

You need a 26347 light harness and a 26359 three pin plow side control harness. There is a 26359 on Ebay due to end around 8 tonight, it's at $25, which is about half price. If you buy both new you are looking at a little over $150 shipped from www.Zequip.com. you could compare wiring schematics to see if the 11 pin repair will do.

7. buddymanzpop

Fisher does not make an 11 pin repair harness for either truck side or plow side.

8. sectlandscaping

Found that out. I bought the part on ebay. Gotta call fisher today and see there price on the light harness.

9. buddymanzpop

I don't know how far you are from Hudson, Ma. but there is a set of plow lights for sale with the 11 pin connector harness, all you would have to do is swap out your lights rather than rewiring, you then have your old lights to sell. They are listed on Worcester Craigslist.

10. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I have a set of the old style sealed beam lights that I can cut the harness off and ship it to you or you can pick it up. You can have it... Get it outta my sight!!

11. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I'd give ya the lights too but the mounting studs broke when I removed them for my last plow restoration...but just throwing it out there...

12. buddymanzpop

To replace the studs just drill out the rivets that hold the metal plate to the bottom of the light, replace the bolt with a 1/2" x 2 1/2' carriage bolt, then re-rivet or use small nuts and bolts to re-attach the plates. If you need the pieces that allow you to swivel adjust the lights that go on the mounting bolts you can buy that kit, It's Fisher part number 6128. It's 2 headlamp swivels, 2 each 2 1/2" nuts and lock washers.

13. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

That is definitely good information! I wanted intensifires though, so I never thought twice. I did save them in case I ever needed parts for something....

14. sectlandscaping

Thanks but To late man.. Even driving to you. I couldve saved a few bucks. I bought it for 129 + tax. Like a idiot I didnt look at used headlight sets till I bought the harness.

I even have a driver light with a broke housing. I duct taped the heck out of it. All is good though if the plow is needed tomorrow its ready.

15. buddymanzpop

After using the intensifiers you'll never want to go back to the square.

16. sectlandscaping

I did the light harness the other day and that went well. I get the control harness in the mail today. I wasnt even going to plug it up cause the old harness can control the plow how it is. Say screw it and I plug it all up. I get light on the controller and when I push any direction it cuts out.

Everything was plug and replace. So its not a error on install. It might be on the control harness truck side. I never used that wiring harness since the V uses a different plug. The other control harness was already there. So someone had something hooked to it.