1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 86burban, Dec 7, 2003.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I am looking at a getting an 01 Ram. I was wondering if the 15k asking price was too high? It is a 1500 4x4, extended cab, fully optioned truck with a 360 in it. Is it worth it?

Tony

2. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

It also has 53 k on the odometer.

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

4. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I did that. I just wanted personal opinions on if its any good or if the asking price is worth it from those who have them already.

Tony

5. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

If it is in good condition yes it is worth 15 grand. I have a 2001 same as your looking at and bought it used also in May 03 and paid 21,000.00cdn for it .

6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Have the Dodge dealer run a service history on it. Those '00 and '01 Rams had their share of time in service bays! Use that info to further judge if it's problem prone and something to avoid.

7. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Whats the price of a new one? I was looking at 03 leftover dodge 3500 rams with the cummins and with their rebates it was under $30k for a quad long bed 4*4 slt. New ones might be low 20's. Time to buy is now. Last time i checked rebates were $3000 for 04's and $5000 for 03's.

8. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Do the math on the fuel expenditures between both gas & diesel. In my area diesel is always higher than gas. Between that extra amount per year and the $4K Cummins option, and expected time before I would trade it in, it didn't take an economist to tell me what to buy.