1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 dodge cummins oil leak at p/s pump adaptor

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by sweetk30, Dec 7, 2008.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 01 i am working on for my friend . its got a new power steering pump cause the old one rusted out the resivor. ran it for 10-15 min and blead system no leaks what so ever.

now that he has driven the truck 15-20 miles he has a steady drip of engine oil from the adaptor area were the power steering pump bolts to the motor. i recall feeling a seal in there when checking for the index of the pump drive position.

i have called dealer and thay say 90 bucks for a vacume pump seal/oring reman kit. is there any other was to replace this seal or do i need to reman the unit.

and if reman is in order what is involved in this job? thanks all any help would be great.

2. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

3. sweetk30

that kit goes to 95 only. this is a 2001 truck.

4. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

5. sweetk30

thanks.

have you done this before? if so is it a easy fix or not?

6. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

I just remember seeing the kit in the Geno's Catalog. Haven't done one myself. Check out turbo diesel register for more cummins info, lot of good info over there.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

8. sweetk30

got his parts today. wow what a nice kit with all tools and full directions. and even spare set of seals/orings.

good guy and service. fixed the problem and will recomend to others.