1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Chevy Silverado 4L60E TRANNY ISSUE

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by boxerplowing, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hey Guys.. i have a question.. i have a 2001 chevy silverado 1500 (plowless) and when i drive it goes through 1st and 2nd no problem but then just revs up for a second then it catches.. its a 4.8L auto 4x4.. it does it both in 2wd and 4wd.. let me know if you have any ideas.. i assume i will be putting in a new tranny?!

thanks

2. Carlo

Carlo Junior Member

I think when that happened on my 02 it was the 2-3 shift seloniod. it's pretty easy to replace if you can figure out which spot the 2-3 seloniod is in.

3. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

any electronic trans should first be scanned. You may have codes, but the check engine light may not be illuminated. But there is a good chance that you will need a transmission. Also, any codes MUST be cleared from the computer after rebuild/replacement or else you may have the same symptoms. Good luck.

4. you were right.. i need a new tranny.. im getting a plow for it so im going to try to finish the season off on this tranny then replace it for next year.. i can use it if i manually put it in 1st and 2nd.. 3rd is a no go.. so i can go up to 70..80km/hr which is all i need for my route