1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Chevy Duramax Diesel surging

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by R&B Enterprise, Nov 6, 2008.

1. R&B Enterprise

R&B Enterprise Junior Member

I have seen a post on the site, cant find it and also did a search. some one replaced a sensor and fixed the problem.

My issue is the same, i have a 01 chevy 3500, with a 6.6 turbo Diesel at idle, truck run rough, (Kind of like a gas engine missing on one cylinder). I have taken to the Dealer several times, there are no codes that show in the computer. they have updated the computer with the current version. it helped for a little bit. but is does it again after a few weeks. i am thinking it could be a MAP sensor. i was trying to find that post so i could re-read it and see if it was close to the problem i am experiancing. Any direction or help would be helpful.

Rob

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Fuel pressure regulator...it can fail without throwing a`code.

3. R&B Enterprise

R&B Enterprise Junior Member

Fuel pressure Regulator
    Where is it located and how would i test to make sure it operating correctly?