1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 chevy 3500 dually break job

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wing 97, Mar 5, 2006.

1. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

Just wondering if there are any special tools needed to replace front and rear rotors on a 01 3500 chevy dually. Brakes haven't been right since dealer cut the front rotors at 15000 miles due to warpage. Any aftermarket rotors that will reduce the chance of this happening again? Truck has 37000 miles on it now and steering wheel shakes under medium to hard braking. Would like to hear any other information or similar experiences. Thanks

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the are warped again. They should not have warped at that low a milage in the first place. Substantial possibility that the brakes are dragging. Heat is the only cause I can think of to warp rotors that fast. 130K miles on my CTD and original rotors- no warping. If they don't properly do the brakes the calipers can stick causing drag and heat. Try having someone else do the brakes- and personally I never resurface rotors- ever. If it's warped it's trash, if it's gouged bad it's trash. If it's lightly scored it's fine.
    I don't think there are any aftermarket rotors for the truck actually, being a 3500 dually.