1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 Chevy 1-Ton with MM1

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LeadDogg, Dec 4, 2008.

1. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

Here are a few of my plow truck. It is an 2001 chevy 3500. i love this truck. it has the 8.1 liter 496 and i love it. its a pretty basic truck (no power anything) but its a work truck and that is just what it does. It has a 9' MM1 which is a little big for doing drives and small stuff but it does almost everything i do in one pass :) ... even those long country drives.

Plow 002.jpg

Plow 004.jpg

Plow 005.jpg
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. Is that a dump bed also. is it stainless?ussmileyflag
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good that trucks definately a money maker
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice truck man- Can't beat a GM truck and a Fisher plow!payup
  5. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

it is not a dump body :( but fortunately the sides are removable so it can be loaded with pallets very easily. its used for construction more than landscaping... now that i think about it, i think it hauls my toys more than anything else but thats besides the point! like any other truck it sees a little bit of everything when it comes to work and it has never let me down. i was going to get a hoist put in but i wouldnt use it enough to justify the $$$. to answer the question about stainless it is not. it is aluminum. as much as i would like the new stainless V plow or maybe even a boss, the this set up has never done me wrong :)
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck man awsome setup i know how u feel about the 9 ft its a lil big but as i always say bigger is better
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

sweet truck!:drinkup:
  8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

nice setup! hows the mpg?
  9. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

its usually about 11. it can be better or it can be worse depending on the mood im in. the one thing i like is due to the motor size it isnt much difference even when almost maxed out and even pulling a trailer. a buddy of mine has the 5.3 in the same truck and he gets does better than that but as soon as you put a few thousand pounds on the back and tow a trailer it kills the MPG pretty quick. as much as 11 isnt great, its not the worst and i love havin the power when needed :)
  10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Truck is sweet!
  11. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

little paint and hot plow
  12. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

i agree with needing new paint but i havent been able to find the time... pretty or not it still pushes snow :)