1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01 C3500HD Seat Question?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by White Gardens, Mar 6, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

First off, even though it's an 01, it still has the 00 regular cab on it. Chevy I guess used the leftover older bodies for the last of the the C3500HDs.

My bench seat has seen better days and is sagging pretty bad on the drivers side.

Basically I would like to replace it with bucket style seats. With the buckets, I could also move the location (maybe) of the controls for the salt spreader. Right now it's just on/off the hump towards the passenger side making it cramped for any riders. I was hoping without too much hose finagling I could re-position between the buckets.

So, my question is if I go to a junkyard, what seats should I be looking for? Not sure if any or all will work for that time period of body style?

Thanks.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If memory serves me right, anything from the 95-98 (or 00 for the HD's) in the 1500/1200/3500 should bolt in with the existing holes in the floor. I'm thinking about snagging a set of buckets for my blue truck as well.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

95-up till end of that body style .

and the welded nuts are in the floor also on the floor pan. just need to find them and clean the hole with a tap ( metric more than likly ) and bolt in.

i took bench from my old 96 crew cab and bolted in the buckets and center console. all direct fit.

4. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Would a regular cab have the bolt holes for buckets and center console since as far as I know, you couldn't get buckets and a console in a regular cab.?

When I replaced the carpet in my 98 regular cab K3500, I don't recall any extra bolt holes in the floor.

Wayne

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

As for the bolt holes, not too sure about that. I've wondered that myself considering I have a solid bench seat in the truck now. If it came down to it, I would just end up drilling out the holes myself to install the seats.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yes thay did offer buckets and center console in std cab. just not as popular.