1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'01' 2500 Spring Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by emeraldgreen, Oct 21, 2004.

1. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

I just got an 01 2500, put on a Meyer 71/2 foot plow. The springs have a label with numbers, left side 036, right side 037. What do these numbers represent?
    Is it difficult to install Timbrens?

Thanks for your help.

2. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Hello. Is it a gas or diesel? I have a diesel and am getting heavier springs (I also have to get 2" lift) and I'll have my 039 and 046 stock ones for sale soon.

Do you have the snowplow prep pkg?

Debi

3. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

4. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Debi,
    Thanks for the reply, and the link. Mine is a gas, 5.9L. Have you installed Timbrens before? I am wondering if it's difficult to do. Thanks for the info.

Bob

5. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Bob, I haven't installed them but the website is http://www.timbren.com/ and I bet half of the members have 'em so if you did a search on here you'd not come up empty handed. Debi

6. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

7. danno

danno Senior Member

I have `em on my 1500. They were a little difficult to install. You pull out the old rubber with a pair of channel locks, like your pulling someone`s tooth out. The hard part was, they were a little too large around the edge that fits back into the socket. I tried everything to pop them in, including raising the opposite end of the rear of the truck to put down ward pressure on that corner I was working on. This is what the Timbren rep said. I finally trimmed the rubber down with a rasp.

8. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Put mine in too on my 2500. Lubed up the rubber, truck jacked up high as can get on stands, the use 4x4 to push them in with floor jack. Used torches to get the old stops out in a hurry, as the where in there good, rusty and caked up with crap.

9. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm gonna give it a try and install them myself. Instructions make it seem easy, but obviously it's a bit more difficult than that.

Thanks,
    Bob