1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

01/18/09 Downeast Maine storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 06Sierra, Jan 23, 2009.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I just though I'd throw out a few pics of the latest storm. We ended up with 18" between Sunday and early Monday. I plowed once Sun. night, there was about 10" then and again Mon. morning. Didn't get any action pics though. The first few are from Sunday morning and that night when I got home. The last ones are the next morning.

011809storm.jpg

011809storm1.jpg

011809storm2.jpg

011809storm3.jpg

011809storm4.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. 06Sierra

from Maine

One more...

011809storm5.jpg

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Holy Smoly, thats a good amount of snow you got...

Lucky dogg.

I want action pics next time around.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  4. 06Sierra

from Maine

Sorry! I just drove down that night. 130 miles usually takes 2 and a half hours and it took me 5! Had a wheel bearing start screaming at me on the way down. That was a nice $400 fix! I didn't feel like plowing that night but I knew if I didn't it would be a pain the next morning. I have to plow up hill from the road on part of the drive!

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

You see...I would have plowed with the storm, and been finishing up when you started taking pics...taking it nice and easy all night.

If there is an inch or two on the top of my truck when I start to go out to plow...I know I've already started two late.

And of course I'm not seasonal...I think my quality of service would go way down with seasonal plowing...I would pray for no snow, and when It did, I would just wait till it's all over and have to plow a chit ton. I just don't like that concept.

sorry for the rant...back on subject.

Nice pics.;)

6. 06Sierra

from Maine

I agree Blade, I would have stayed on top of it if I was home. I didn't get there until 9 that night and by then there was already about 10". The second pic is my tracks when I got home.

7. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

where in Maine? I'm on the Maine border

8. 06Sierra

from Maine

Those pics are in Baileyville. I'm working in Fort Fairfield and go home on my days off until we can sell the house. If I take Rt 9 west from Baileyville , it's just under 90 miles to Bangor.

9. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

So you are way up there... I am an hour south of Portland in Rochester, NH on the border from Lebanon and Sanford Maine

10. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Those pictures are on the south princeton road right?

11. 06Sierra

from Maine

Rt 1. You were close though!!

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Pics!!!

13. 207

207 Junior Member

I'm in Freeport and it sounds like we've got another foot coming tomorrow.

14. 06Sierra

from Maine

At least a foot!! I have to drive back to Ft Fairfield tomorrow. It always seems to snow when I have my days off!

15. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Yeah I thought I was close but that is awesome we are getting another foot tomorrow!!

16. 06Sierra

from Maine

My plow is 130 miles away!! They weren't calling for this before I left to come down here. Oh well. I need to sell this darn house!