1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

00 GMC 1 ton 4x4 for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys, I'm looking to sell our 00 GMC 1 ton 4x4 dump. I know pics, pics, pics, I will get some soon if there is any real interest. The truck in general is a great work truck, it has a 7.4L (454) that runs great with no issues with 72,438 miles. Automatic tranny (which looks like it was replaced) but I am the 3rd owner and the last guy wasn't sure but it shifts as it should. Things we have replaced and done in the 2 years we have owned it: New front fuel tank and sending unit, brand new brakes, upper ball joints, all brake lines were replaced this fall, minor wiring repairs, new rear lights on truck and bed, 5/11 PA inspection, decent tires, all around 7-8/32, new MAP sensor. We also added a new back up alarm and new strobe beacon. We have a 9ft Fisher straight blade that comes with it. This year we have put almost 1k into the plow itself. Things that were replaced: New angle cylinder's and lift cylinder, newer pump and motor (2 years old), full service every year, we had many of the pins and bushings replaced (now the plow doesn't wobble). Interior is in good shape with a tear on the driver side of the seat, not terrible but noticeable. Now for the bad,lol :it has an issue with the fuel gauge, it likes to move from full to empty from time to time, we had it looked at this fall and the shop fixed a module under the truck that controls all of that stuff and he said I might need a new module due to wiring. Both doors are rusted on the bottom and driver side is worse than pass. side, it also needs a driver side cab corner and thats about it. I found 2 complete doors for it for around 275.00 for the pair. The bed works as it should. Frame is solid with minor surface rust in just a few spots (it looked like it was oil undercoated and we blasted the frame and undercoated it ourselves last year. Other than the couple issues its a very solid truck. I am asking 10K OBO. Possible trades for a 3/4 ton P/U but I dont want someone else's headaches.
  2. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

lets see some pics.
  3. mule585

mule585 Member

Pics would be nice. I have a 98 c3500 with the 454 very strong engine