1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

00 F350 XLT Supercab w/ 8' Fisher

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Greybeard, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

2000 Ford F350 Supercab. Original owner. 5.4 gas V8, 5-spd. manual trans. with overdrive. XLT trim includes AC (it's cold) PW, PDL, tilt, cruise, cloth seats. 8' bed. 105K miles, mostly highway. Fisher 8' MM plow with new Fishstik installed last fall and used on one small lot and two driveways. No prior plowing. Previous plow owner used it on one dirt driveway. Brakes, ball joints, etc. have been replaced. New exhaust ($450). Trailer brake control. This truck has been my personal vehicle since new, and it's had excellent maintenance, including 3000 mile oil changes. This is a big, comfortable, reliable 6-passenger workhorse that can carry 3000 lbs. or more, and tow a heavy trailer safely. It has dings and scratches, but no big dents, no accidents and no rust anywhere. Located near I90/I91 interchange. Below Blue Book at $8900.

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Nice truck. Maybe you could post some pics of the interior too? It'll help a potential buyer get a well rounded idea.

Best of luck. BTW....how's that 5.4 treated you for the last 100k miles? Just curious. I have the same engine and was wondering how it does as it climbs in mileage.

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Thanks, Pete. The 5.4 has been a great engine. I've owned 5 Chev/GMC light trucks, and they were good, but I think the 5.4 engine by Ford is a breakthrough with the overhead cam setup. I haven't had any problems at all. But I do take good care of my vehicles. They get maintenance way before the factory recommendations. Oil and filters, belts and hoses are cheap. Engines are not. My other trucks all went way over 100k miles, some close to 200k, and were all still running fine on the original engine/transmission when I sold or traded them.
    The interior on this one is clean. I'll try to get some pix posted soon. One neat thing is that it was ordered with a rubber floor mat instead of the carpet that usually comes with the XLT, so it's easy to sweep out. Once a year, on a hot, sunny day, I scrub the floor mat and hose it out.
    This truck is for sale because I'm probably looking at shoulder surgery for a trashed rotator cuff, and it's a little hard to shift gears while wearing a cast and/or sling (right shoulder, of course).

4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Excellent post Grey. I also take really good care of my vehicles. I'm sure you'll unload this badboy soon. Either way, take care of that shoulder. Sorry to hear about the surgery. That sucks.

Take it easy and we'll see you down the road.