1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'00 f350 power locks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Labs n ducks, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Labs n ducks

Labs n ducks Junior Member

If anyone is having a problem with the power locks on an 2000 F350SD The locks were moving slow and kept slowing down the more you tried to use them, sometimes one or two wouldnt work at all?

Don't mess around with the hotline I called them 3X, they will tell you to check everything from the "grounds" up!

The problem is with the Lock Actuators. I have the 4 door and all 4 was bad.

When we called our Ford dealer parts guy he cracked up and asked us "how many do you want, we are keeping 'um up on the counter, have a couple hundred of each.

Took me a lot of phone calls and about 4 hrs.

Ford should have told me on the hotline that this is a BIG problem, it would have saved me a lot of time.

Mike

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's a common Ford problem.Unusual to see all four go together though.Chrysler is having problems too,but at least they are dirt cheap for most of them,and you get the whole latch assy included.

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I never replaced one on a newer Ford truck, but Tempos and cars like that, all the time. They freeze up and thats it. If I recall correctly, I could be wrong its been a while, they are riveted in and the new one needs to be riveted in also. There is also a way, my brother knows how, to take out the bad one and leave it that way and then you will just have manual locks. We did this for some of our customers who didnt want to spend the money on a new actuator and preferred to just have manual locks that work with the key. That little actuator is like $60 or so, maybe more, like I said its been a while since we did one of those jobs and actually had to buy one. They are only available from the dealer also. No regular parts store will carry them. Mike

4. Labs n ducks

These Actuator's were not expensive, it was just all the time involved checking all they (ford's hotline) wanted us to. We had almost every piece of interior plastic removed at one time or another and if they had just said "replace the actuators first" it would have saved me 3+hours

Mike

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

You should have just posted the problem on here. :D

6. Labs n ducks

wyldman, I was waiting for that!

Guess I deserve it. Yes Yes I do

Thanks, Mike