1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

00 f250 psd electrical issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JohnnyRoyale, Jan 16, 2009.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

One of our 00 F250 PSD is having some major electrical issues and our mechanic is puzzled. Its been in the shop 3 or 4 times in the last month and still no solution.

First problem was the ABS light came on, no signals, no marker lights all around when the lights were turned on, no speedo, all guages shut down. Speedo sensor and bracket were changed, first problem solved.

Now its blowing fuses, and no dash lights, no brake lights, no markers no headlights, no signals or hazards...but the guages all work and the ABS light doesnt come on anymore-(which is good), but being is stealth mode at night is no good.

Anyone have a clue or similar exp. Thanks.

2. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

the speedo/abs thing is common and can be as simple as just dirt in the connection on the rear diff.

What fuse is it blowing? I've heard of that issue before but cant remember the fix. did you go on the ford-trucks site and do a search? Might find the info there

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

The fuse being blown is the one for the dash lights-which apparantly controls other things going wrong as well. I'll try the ford truck forum, thanks.

4. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

I know the older trucks, the light switch would burn up and melt plastic would would cause wires to touch and short. Not sure if the new trucks have that issue too.

I haven't dug into the dash on my 99 yet so i'm not familiar with that area yet. Any other area, i know pretty well since it all needed rewired.