1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

“Strobes” in Cab Visor

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ghlkal, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

I don’t plow commercially, and while I have a magnetic mount light bar, I’d like to add some “strobes” also. I have a Lund cab visor (moonvisor). I was considering adding two “strobes” to replace two of the lights in the visor. I assume I can use LEDs (less/no heat problems with the plastic lens).

I’ve looked at this thread which is similar: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=75317

Has anyone done this?

Any feedback / suggestions?

2. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

As long as they fit Im sure they would work. the only problem I see would all the light would be aimed straight ahead which is fine, but I think they would make better use toward the back of your truck in the taillights.
  3. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Thanks, I should have mentioned I also plan on putting some in the cargo light, but I will investigate that after determining if lights in the visor are feasible.