Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Snow Dogg controller

I just bought a new vx85 v-plow this year. Everything works perfectly except the controller itself is very slippery to hold onto. Are there any updates as far as a rubber coated handle or something I should know about. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks Scott
Old 01-09-2010, 07:20 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

I have no issues.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Sponsor

I realize the controllers can be a very "personal" thing, especially if you are used to a specific style. The controller shape/construction at this point isn't due for a redesign. I imagine there are a number of productions you could use to add a textured grip.
Manufacturers of SnowDogg/ScoopDogg/SaltDogg Products
Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by county boy View Post
I just bought a new vx85 v-plow this year. Everything works perfectly except the controller itself is very slippery to hold onto. Are there any updates as far as a rubber coated handle or something I should know about. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks Scott

Here are a couple of my ideas,as Scott said it is a "personal thing". I used a Boss joy stick for 15 years and the Boss "rocker box" before that. This controller is taking a little time to get use too.The first couple of plows I tried holding it and running it with my thumb.I have small hands and had to reposition my hand to reach the upper buttons.I then tried setting it on my thigh and controlling with my index and middle fingers.Not to bad but kept sliding off my leg and ending up on the floor.What I have found that works for me is to stuff in the right crack between my seat and the center console towards the front of the seat.( GM) I then position it so I can not see the controls(facing my leg) and control it with my thumb and index finger.Some times i turn it so I can see the controls and run it with my index and middle finger.The thing I like about facing it towards my leg is the V-Dogg logo is too bright (in my opinion in the dark) and not bothering me with the glare.

Scott if you ever want a few suggestions on refinements on the controller contact me as I think I have a few good ideas.(Mounting options,control pad refinements and repositioning the on/off button as it is to close to the left scoop pad etc.)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 PM

I have a Chevy Silverado and have also done the same. The shaft of the controller fits nice and snug in between the driver seat and the center console cushion. I just use my thumb and swivel it like as if it were the joystick. No need to really look down once you get the feel for where it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Dogg View Post
Here are a couple of my ideas,as Scott said it is a "personal thing". I used a Boss joy stick for 15 years and the Boss "rocker box" before that. This controller is taking a little time to get use too.The first couple of plows I tried holding it and running it with my thumb.I have small hands and had to reposition my hand to reach the upper buttons.I then tried setting it on my thigh and controlling with my index and middle fingers.Not to bad but kept sliding off my leg and ending up on the floor.What I have found that works for me is to stuff in the right crack between my seat and the center console towards the front of the seat.( GM) I then position it so I can not see the controls(facing my leg) and control it with my thumb and index finger.Some times i turn it so I can see the controls and run it with my index and middle finger.The thing I like about facing it towards my leg is the V-Dogg logo is too bright (in my opinion in the dark) and not bothering me with the glare.

Scott if you ever want a few suggestions on refinements on the controller contact me as I think I have a few good ideas.(Mounting options,control pad refinements and repositioning the on/off button as it is to close to the left scoop pad etc.)