Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-17-2003, 06:58 PM

Broken Meyers Trucklite snowplow light

Does anyone know if its possible to just buy the back light housing for these lights from a meyer plow dealer. Cracked it last month and holding it together with some wire at the moment. The light still works fine just bubblegummed together.

I manufactured the lights I have now by combining one set that that had previously broken plastic with a set that had the mounting bolts stripped out by cutting out the rivets and moving all the hardware to the other piece.

Anyone on here have an extra drivers side Trucklite that they want to sell?? Checked mail order and its $ 140 bucks for the pair and Im gonna end up with an extra wiring kit and left light that I dont need. Also found em on ebay, but thought Id check with you guys.

You can email or pm me if youd rather not post directly here.

CMerrick
Old 01-17-2003, 07:06 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

go to ebay and search for meyer plow lights. this is one of the many i found on there.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:08 PM

Most jobbers sell replacement snowplow lamps separatly,sans the harness.I've seen them for as low as 50.00 CDN.Most of the lamps are all the same,made by DA,or Dominion Automotive.Check with a few plow suppliers or outfitters because a lot of pairs get replaced due to one being damaged or having electrical problems (bad sockets).

or someone may just have one lying around on here
Old 01-17-2003, 07:12 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the link. I already found several on ebay that will fit my needs and placing bids however bids are getting over 60 bucks including shipping, when all I really need is the $ 10 dollar housing if its available. Plus once I win, then I have an extra light that I dont need.

Thanks for the help tho. I was limiting myself to snowplow lights so I never saw the ones you sent me. No snow in the listing so it didnt pull them up in the search.

CMerrick
Old 01-17-2003, 07:28 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

WWW.Northern.com has the Trucklite plow lights with the wraparound amber lens for park/turn (Item # 164001) for $99.99 per set. Granted you will have an extra light, but having a ready spare usually precludes damaging the ones you already have.

I have a set that came off one of our plows when I converted BACK to the manual switch wiring. Never needed them but if I wipe one out I can rewire one of the "automatic" ones in only a few minutes and be back in operation.

Just as a side note, I took a step backwards and got away from relays and harness adapters. All of my trucks have an old fashioned toggle switch to shift from truck to plow lights. Simple, reliable and I have a spare on hand which cost under $10. In addition, I could hotwire past the switch with only my Leatherman and keep going. Try that with an automatic system. Wiring in the switch is only a short job, not much more than installing the adapters and relays needed for automatic switching.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:51 PM

CMer -if you have a carquest store in your area they are on sale right now for $79.00,,, i just bought a pair thrusday for spares.

GM trucks pushing....
8'2" VXT w/ Boss Wings
9'2" Vee
7'6" Straight w/ Boss Wings

8' Straight
Snow Dogg XP
7-1/2' Back Plow
Salt Dogg 1500
Old 01-18-2003, 03:37 PM
PlowSite.com - Veteran

Chris,
Stop the bidding! I think I have a few old sets sitting around and you can have 1 lite if that's all ya need. I have a couple of wiring kits also from having had the same problem in the past LOL. Maybe you're going to the LS show & I can bring it to you there?
Old 01-18-2003, 06:22 PM

I have a few also. BRL which show r u talking about?
Old 01-18-2003, 09:10 PM
2000 Club Member

BRL is probably talking about the NJNLA show, that is held in Somerset every year. I am not sure of the date this year, but I am sure BRL or someone else can post it.

The NJLCA Expo is Feb. 25th at the Meadowlands Expo Center.

~Chuck

Smith Brothers Services, LLC
Old 01-18-2003, 10:51 PM
PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yea, that's the one. It's either this week or next week, I can't remember off hand. I'll get the details & post tomorrow. Or do a search at Lawnsite as we had a "show" thread going there & I posted the details there.