Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-06-2009, 08:12 PM

meyer e60 pump wont raise but 3 inches

i have a meyer e60 pump with the 11/8 ram, it started last year i was plowing and the motor fell off. so i put the motor back on but had only atf. it worked but the next day it kept getting slwer till it would not raise but three inches. i can also hold the side to side movement with my body.it will hold the plow up but weeps down realy slow. this year i replaced b vale and coil. if the a valve was not holding couldnt i just shut the lower adjustment screw and that would lift the plow up if it was the a valve leaking. i tried it that did not help. even when lift is fully extended it dose not sound like the pump is straining, i can tighten down the pressure reief and it still sounds the same with just a little strain on the pump.threre is definitely pressure at the a valve cause i took it out activated the pump and it shot up 50 feet out the a valve hole.what could be the problem. i also tried 2 newer motors they barely semm to strain no matter how tight the pressure is set. i checked all the grounds, even jumped the red coil and motor with a battery.any advice . if it helps ill beg

Last edited by meyere60; 02-06-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:56 AM

It sounds like you are building pressure. I'm thinking that when you put in ATF fluid your seals and O rings might have swollen. I'm not familiar with E60 but on a E47 you have an O ring at the bottom of your pump and I think yours might not be making a seal.

Scott

Insearch of non running gas powered chainsaws. PM if you have any to donate to my other habit.....
Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 AM

Does it angle either direction and when your motor fell off what did the pump side look like? It seems odd for a motor just to fall off without a reason why?

Scott

Insearch of non running gas powered chainsaws. PM if you have any to donate to my other habit.....
Old 02-07-2009, 03:02 PM

I think you should start by checking the pressure, I'd guess it's real low. Just because it shoots 50' doesn't mean it's building enough pressure, and you shouldn't be able to hold back the power angle unless you're a heck of a lot stronger than me
Old 02-07-2009, 05:12 PM

E60

You have to check your pressure when you angle. Could also be that your ram on pump is bent if everything else works. Let me know if this helps. If your ram is bent you need to check your stops on the light frame. your plow is going to high when stacking snow
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 PM

my pump tries to raise and angle, but strains when the plow is on.. when i had it in the house i put the pump under my bed with me and my brother on it with 160 pounds of tools and it lifts it no prblem. when i had the pump apart, the pump turned freely and looked like new. can a pump just go out like that, one minute fast next minute slow to raise if at all and strains to angle. ive tried 2 motors, flushing fluid,refilling with new fluid , new b vale,coil,filters,,pilot check ball,thightening down the pressure releif,tightening the lowering adjustment to see if a valve was stuck open. the plow will hold up when it dose raise 2 inches, but weeps down real real slow. when i tighten down the pressiure releif it dose not strain any more even when bottomed out. my brothers western was doing the same thing at the same time almost with atf fluid. he changed the fluid and it would not raise the bed with us on it, but my e60 would. he turned his pressure releif in a little and it fixed it, but did not help mine. his will raise the plow my e60 wont. i know the ram is not bent cause it moves freely by hand, and it raises free when not on truck. it raises the bed freely also. when i angle side to side it will start off fast no matter where you start cycleing it but ends up slowing down straining. it can be angled manually freely also. the hole where the lift arm bolts to the truck is oval will that cause it not to lift. im guessing it is the seal by the pump or pump plate. cause it just did it out the blue with the thick oil. i thoght it was just frozen, but its been in the house all winter and still wont work. the lift frame is fine, my plow is set back a little from being old, springs are tightened all the way down, it hits the motor some times when angled, and stacking. i had to keep putting fluid in here and there when the plow would hit the angle coupler when turned the other way stacking. motor plate kept stripping.im guessing even if i checked the pressure you could not tell if it is the pump or pump/pump plate seal correct.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:24 PM

Wow, that's really hard on my brain to read. I'm guessing you have an internal leak somewhere that's bleeding off pressure from the pump. Get a gauge T'd in one of the angle cylinders and check the pressure.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM

where coud it leak besides by the pump or punp plate. if it was leaking elsewhere wouldnt the pump still buid to much pressure when the pressure relisf is tightened all the way
Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 PM

e60 not going up

you need to check pressure. put gauge in front bottom filter hole. you should get 2500 psi.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:37 PM

also check all your connections on your truck battery, soleniod
Old 02-08-2009, 08:37 PM

All you're doing is speculating. Get a gauge on the thing and see what the pressure really is! Bottom line is you're not getting enough pressure to the cylinders to lift the plow or angle it. I'd guess it's time to take it to someone who can rebuild it and has a test stand.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM

the front bottom filter hole is the low pressure filter. i can rebuild it myself . i just wanted to know if it is the pump or maybe the seals by the pump, or pump plate. if it is the seals it will not buid enough pressure either. i tighten down the pressure relief all the way and it dose not build any more pressure, it dose not sound like it strains any more. ive hooked the pump and solinoids straight to a battery, with no difference. is there a strainer besides the 2 filters in a e60. can a pump be easy to turn and still be bad, it worked awsome always till i put atf in it then it started to get slower. tried 2 new motors.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 PM

Say your relief is set at 2000 psi, but the pump is only building pressure to 1000 psi, either because the pump is shot, or there is an internal leak or bad seal. Raising the relief setting to 2500 psi will make no difference because it wasn't even opening when it was set at 2000 psi.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 PM

where would there be a internal leak, and from what. what ever happened it did it when i had the atf in for 2-3 days, and worked fine till it started slowing when going up and left and right i thoght it was just the fluid so i changed it 3 times with no effect.. can a gear pump just go out like that.when you say a leak do you mean a crack some where or a seal leak. if there is a crack internaly how could you tell,when apart it looked perfect so i put it back together. I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR INPUT. SORRY TO BE A PAIN.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM

if i screw in the pressure relief to 6 turns in from start instead of 7 turns i can here the pressure relief open, after 6 turns in from start i screw it in and it just strains a little more. when the motor should be straining preety good at 2500 when it opens. how could i pressure test it to see if there are internal leaks, cause nothing leaks from the outside. i ordered a master seal kit from angelos plow supply for 18.99 it will be here in 2 days. i will let you know if the seals were the problem. if the seals do not fix it dose anyone have a meyere60 gear pump they want to sell.

Last edited by meyere60; 02-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 AM

Don't play with the crossover. On top next to the B coil and coil there is a nut about 7/8 i think. take that over, take the screw nut off and take the ball out screw in alen key. install all over and ajust pressure. The more you screw in the more
Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 PM

the nut is 13/16, and i took it out and checked the seal under the seat , it looked fine so i put it back with no difference.i already did this but i can do it again.. i just got my master seal kit from angelos 2 days ago and installed it yesterday. i have not installed the pump on the truck yet but it seems to be better . i will let you know tonight if the seals helped thanks for your replies ,were suppost to get 1-3 inches of snow.in burbank il tonight. if the seals do not help it to raise, coul it be the a valve.cause my a valve stick whrn you go to let it down, i have to tap the a valve for it to go down. how could i check to see if the a valve is bad, and why its not lifting. i already took the a valve out and put it in koreasene and pushed it in and out with a screw driver it unstuck, but not when installed. how can i tell if it opening when i try to lift it.

Last edited by meyere60; 02-13-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Take the A valve off and clean it with some Kerosene and check the O rings on it. Just curious if it's not on the truck how do you know it seems better???? hmmmmm. Did you ever put a gauge on it to see what your pressure was? It would be helpfull to know the before and after readings.

Scott

Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM

yeah i need to get a gauge, wiill a cheap gauge from harbor frieght work, or do i need a good one. well we did not even get a dusting last night so i did not even put the pump on yet.i dont know if it is fixed or not but it holds the rams pressure over night when off truck, before i would raise the ram over night off the truck, and the next mourning i could turn the ram side to side with no effort, it was not tight. now i cant turn it by hand over night, it seems to hold pressure better. is there any way to see if the a valve wont shut all the way, i cleaned all the valves in koresene, but i could clean them again to make sure. THANX FOR EVERYONES HELP ,SORRY IF IM A PAIN, im just trieing to do this the cheapest way possible, with one plow down out of 2 it is hard to make ends meat. with dissabled parents and a twin brother who is partner owner of our landscaping/plowing buissness its preety rough times, not including my plow is the one that is down. THANX AGAIN.

Last edited by meyere60; 02-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM

if your plow isn't raising it is your b valve. check your coil or valve. Make sure your ground is good.