Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Question Sno-Way Plow Wiring

I'm new to this site and am hoping someone (maybe Tom O''Brien) can help me out (he seems to be able to answer just about any q regarding Sno-Way plows).

I recently purchased a used Sno-Way plow (6' 8", 3 point mount with down pressure - no model # or serial # that I could find). The plow did not come with a joystick or wiring harness so I've had to completely rewire and build my own rocker switch control box. I just about have everything wired, but the wiring schematics I've found (with help from this site) are not very clear for coil F (float/raise) and coil C (raise).

I've used the following 2 .pdf's to date but the wire colors and number of wires don't seem to jive between the 2 manuals.

97100728D SNOW PLOW SET UP
AND INSTALLATION
INSTRUCTIONS
ST SERIES SNOW PLOW
MT SERIES SNOW PLOW
HT SERIES SNOW PLOW
FOR PLOW SERIAL NUMBERS AFTER
STD200000
STG200000
MTD200000
MTG200000
HTD200000
HTG200000

97100200E OWNER’S MANUAL
24 SERIES SNOW PLOW
25 SERIES SNOW PLOW
WITH
DOWN PRESSURE SYSTEM
FOR PLOW SERIAL NUMBERS AFTER
24D100000
25D100000

Coil F has a tan/white wire coming off, but it's lacking on the rocker switch control diagram I've found on-line. Coil C has a tan wire coming off, but again, it's lacking on the rocker switch control diagram I've found on-line.

Maybe I shouldn't be mixing and matching the 2 manuals, but it's all I could find. Wondering if a more complete manual exists out there that may help clear things up so I can get this plow operational before the snow flies!!!

Also wondering if anyone may have the plastic motor cover that mounts on the plow (this was also missing).

Thx,
skoby
Old 11-11-2008, 08:35 PM
2000 Club Member

Skoby,

Since you have no serial # let me know whether the power unit is a Fenner or Monarch as this will determine which manual you should be using. BTW welcome to plowsite.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM
PlowSite Fanatic

OK if you have an F coil you have a MT/HT. does your manifold look like the one on page 16 in this manual
http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts%.../97100740f.pdf

You are going to have a hard time making a switched harness for this manifold, it can be done but will require a few diodes to get to work properly. It was designed for pulse signal circuit board controls and uses certain valves in more then one operation.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the quick response guys!
I have a Monarch (printed on the reservior tank and cap).
And yep, the manifold I have is the one shown on page 15 of the manual.

I found 2 pages for the controls, one page was for the joystick - which did call out the use of diodes, but the other page had DPDS rocker switches which I'm hoping will work.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
PlowSite Fanatic

You're trying to use the schematic for the Fenner manifold on the Monarch manifold
Old 11-14-2008, 06:16 PM

So does anyone have the wiring schematic for the Monarch?

thx.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basher View Post
You are going to have a hard time making a switched harness for this manifold, it can be done but will require a few diodes to get to work properly. It was designed for pulse signal circuit board controls and uses certain valves in more then one operation.
As basher states it will be difficult to make your own control for this model as the control has a power, ground, and signal wire which pulses signals out to the valves. Here is the manual with the wiring diagram.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner%.../97100727E.pdf

Curious why you wouldn't just buy the control for the plow since it is available. For the amount of time you will put into this it might just be worth the money and save the headache IMO.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:49 PM
PlowSite Fanatic

you don't need a wiring diagram, it's all under the cover. there's a sticker that tells you each function and it's corresponding coils. wire from there, couple tips; you'll need a few diodes as individual coils have dual functions and a voltage reducer on the power in as the unit is designed to operate at 10 volts.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM

In figure 2-1 of the manual shows some sort of a control box on the plow. The plow I purchased does not have this control box between the 2 metal legs located in front of the reservoir (see attached photo). This could explain the wiring color issues......
So, the plow does not have wiring on the solenoids, it does not have a controller on the plow, it does not have a joystick (no wiring of any kind), what you see in the photo is all I have.
It also does not have the cover with any of the stickers basher mentions below.

So, I don't think I need to worry about the 10 volt drop, I plan to wire from rocker switches direct to the solenoids (no control box in between).

Does anyone have a copy of this sticker, this is one of the missing pieces that I need.

Just curious, what would it cost me to buy all the wiring for this thing (control box on plow, joystick, all harnesses)? My guess is that it will be rather steep.....
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2008, 06:43 PM
PlowSite Fanatic

Email Me at snowtech @ basherandson.com about pricing.