Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 10-16-2002, 12:42 AM

Question SNO-WAY subframe modifacations

I have a Sno-Way 7.5 ft plow that I want to put on a 97 Chevy 3/4 ton Silverado but this plow came off a 96 Ford. My question is: Can the subframe from this plow be made to fit my Chevy. If it can what type of mods. will I have to do to it. Any ideas???
If it can`t do any of you guys know of any suppliers out there?

Thanks Fivestar

Last edited by fivestar; 10-16-2002 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:16 AM

I'm not comfortable with fabricating... so being a Sally I'd say buy the right sub frame for the truck you want to mount the plow on. Perhaps you can modify it... but at what risk? Sometimes OEM is preferable.

Look at the SnoWay website for a distributor near you, they'll sell you the subframe. For comparison prices plus shipping you can contact Fabin's Trailer Sales in Erie, PA (bought several plows from them due to pricing) and Four Season's Equipment (they sell for Modern Power Equipment, the actual distributor - which won't sell direct) in Cleveland. Only two distributors that I know of.

Fabin's: (814) 899-6636
4 seasons: (440) 943-1809
Old 10-17-2002, 08:18 PM

Fivestar,

You can use the main frame assembly, you will need different hanger plates though. I have a used set of hanger plates for the cheve at my shop. If you want to E-mail with address info we can arrange for shipping yours here and mine there at minimal cost and get you going. I should have the light harness adapter you need also. Jerre

P.S. Fabin's is no longer a dealer for Sno-way plows as of last year. They were clearancing inventory. They may get back on line but the sales for Sno-way plow's has been limited in our area.

SIMA MEMBER SIMA.org
online questions and answers

F350 X-cab V10 W/ 810 or 8611LP BLIZZARD
Or a 7'4"-8'6" Rad Snow blower hanging out front
Old 10-17-2002, 10:07 PM

There is a fella on Ebay that deals in used plow parts. If I remember correctly he is in Missouri near St Louis. I'll look to see if I can find a link or phone number for him, be a good place to start.
Just an idea,
Mark K
Old 10-18-2002, 01:30 AM

Sno-Way subframe

I hope that you guys don't mind me helping since my husband use to be the Sno-Way Rep for the Midwest. With regards to the modifications on the sub-frame. I wouldn't personally attempt this problem, I would just order a new nose piece and a subframe. I have a dealer in Indy, who will beat anyones price and if you call him so that he can cross ref. the old numbers on your plow, he can get you a new subframe and shipping would only be about $30.00 to where you are. His name is Randy and you need to talk to him and tell him that Beth sent you to him and he will treat you right. His number is 317-736-5094. I hope this helps with your problem. If I can do anything else, just let me know.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:27 AM

Not sure about thee snoway, but I have a superb fabricater. He took a Meyer sub frame off a 3/4 ton Ford Diesel and put it on a Dodge 1/2 ton. Soilid as a rock no trouble, cost 200 bucks.

I just spent 386.00 on a new sub frame for my Duramax and a new boss plow(bought from a friend had no sub frame, so it is cost effective, at least in my case. It may not be possible in your case, you'll have to ask the welder.

Hope this helps a little good luck
Old 10-18-2005, 10:34 PM

snow way

i have a sub frame for your truck it was off a 95 chev 1500 i am trying to put it on a 2000 chevy 1500 if it doesnt work and you didnt find anything maybe we can set something up but if anybody has any suggustions about what i can do about my prob please let me know
Old 10-21-2005, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
I hope that you guys don't mind me helping since my husband use to be the Sno-Way Rep for the Midwest. With regards to the modifications on the sub-frame. I wouldn't personally attempt this problem, I would just order a new nose piece and a subframe. I have a dealer in Indy, who will beat anyones price and if you call him so that he can cross ref. the old numbers on your plow, he can get you a new subframe and shipping would only be about $30.00 to where you are. His name is Randy and you need to talk to him and tell him that Beth sent you to him and he will treat you right. His number is 317-736-5094. I hope this helps with your problem. If I can do anything else, just let me know.

Which dealer is that? Ive been looking at the sno-way's....
Old 11-19-2005, 06:32 AM

beth call randy

Beth thanks for the info on Randy..he wanted me to tell you to call him. he lost your phone#...