Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 03-11-2007, 12:11 AM

Expanding snow pusher

Hey Guys,
I'm looking for an old thread that was posted that included a picture of a large Ag. tractor with an expandable snow pusher mounted on the front of the tractor. The pusher didn't have the hydrolic wings that transfered the pusher to a straight edge plow like the daniels box's do. It looks like the pusher would expand from a 10' to a 14' or something to that degree. Does anyone know what I am talking about or who manufactures a snow pusher like that?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

I thought I saw...

Hi, I thought I saw a Monroe Snow Bully with fold out sides here in town.I havent be able to find any information online.
I also thought Pro-Tech offered folding sides on their earlier box plows????.
Is this the style you are looking for?

http://www.snopusher.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1353

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlowKing View Post
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for an old thread that was posted that included a picture of a large Ag. tractor with an expandable snow pusher mounted on the front of the tractor. The pusher didn't have the hydrolic wings that transfered the pusher to a straight edge plow like the daniels box's do. It looks like the pusher would expand from a 10' to a 14' or something to that degree. Does anyone know what I am talking about or who manufactures a snow pusher like that?

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited by Oshkosh; 03-11-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I saw one at a equipment show, I wil see if I can find the info I picked up. Very nice blade, the one I saw was a 6' - 10' model with backdrag. Cost over $6000 after hoses and mount, they cost extra! Looked in to the blade the sales guy at the show was trying to send it home with me but I just couldn't justify spending that much. When I left the show I went to my protech dealer and bought 2 - 10' compact models for about $3200. They are a little taller than the expanding one also. The only thing I didnt like was the blade has poly cutting edges on the end plates instead of steel shoes like the protechs.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the help guys. One of the manufactures i found was out of Canada. Has anyone heard of these guys? http://www.fabshoule.com/en/product_menu.asp?id=6

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Those look...

Haven't seen one of those up close.
They look pretty cool.
Wonder how much heavier they are than say the Pro-Tech?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Hey I was able to find the info that I picked up! The company name is Grattex and www.grattex.com is the web site. They make six different models ranging from 5'-9' to 8'-14'
Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Oh ya! Web site not quite done it looks like but check out multimedia page its cool.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlowKing View Post
Thanks for the help guys. One of the manufactures i found was out of Canada. Has anyone heard of these guys? http://www.fabshoule.com/en/product_menu.asp?id=6

Thanks,
Brian
These guys are only about an hour north of me. Almost all of the ag tractors around here run them. It goes great when travelling down the road and the open it up wide when pushing. I thought they were 6 grand canadian? Very solid product. The also manufacture rakes for raking field stones together. One of the most popular brands around here.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:34 PM

Those Grattex pushers are sweet. I emailed them for more info, can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the help everyone,
Brian
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 AM

I work with friends of mine that use 2 of the Houle units. They have the 12-19 footers. One is on a new holland TV-140 and the other on a CAT 966. They move way more snow than a fixed unit and are far more versatile. WIth these, you only need one machine on site because you can get in to tight spots and do wide open areas also.

Adam