Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 12-19-2001, 10:46 AM

Snoway problems

We have a snoway 8.5 straight blade,whith the DPS system,which has been acting up a bit.I know there a few individuals here with good knowledge of these plows (factory reps maybe ?).Anyways,here's the problem.The plow works great,except for the down pressure.When you put it in the down position and flip the switch,the plow goes up,instead of applying the down pressure.Any ideas ? All connections are clean and tight,fluid is fresh,and everything else works fine.It worked fine pre-season,and just started this during our first storm.

Also last year,on a few occasions,during a long storm,and VERY cold temps,the plow would not angle left intermittantly.As of now,it seems to be fine.The fluid was changed,so that may have been the problem (freezing up),but it hasn't been cold enough during plowing this year to duplicate the problem yet.Anything else I should check ?

Would anyone happen to have a electrical schematic for these plows,as I picked it up used,and do not have one.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-19-2001, 11:08 AM
Banned

I am not a pro on snoway plows. There ar others that will probably know exactly. You have already taken some good first steps. The connections are clean including the ground? If the DP valve is getting power and not working coreectly then it is most likely a bad or stuck valve. Bryan or Alan will probably be able to better diagnose the problem.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:59 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

I agree... it kind of sounds like a stuck valve, or maybe even the controller. Double check your electrical connections as well, maybe one got connected to the wrong post???
Old 12-19-2001, 06:55 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

The valve giving you the problems called the "four way solenoid valve" it is the one on the extreme left (drivers side) of the valve section and has blue and black wires going to it. We just tried one of our plows and with that valve unplugged the plow raises when you engage downpressure. That one has both power and ground wires to it, so the problem could be no power, no ground or bad solenoid/stuck valve.
Old 12-19-2001, 08:11 PM

If you need an owners manual you can get ahold of sno-way and they will send one to you...
Old 12-19-2001, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the replies,just the info I was looking for.I will dig into it in the next few days,and I'll post my results
Old 12-20-2001, 07:01 PM

Alan,you were dead on.Blue wire has power with DPS on,black is constant ground.Coil is magnetized with DPS on.Removed valve and cleaned up and all works great now.Thanks guys.