Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 PM

How Much Snow Did we Get in Indianapolis, Indiana Between 12/22 and 12/29/04

Anyone out there know how much snow we got in the Indianapolis/Greenwood, Indiana area between Dec. 22 and Dec. 29, 2004? We do snow removal for a large retail chain in the area and they are debating how much snow we invoiced them for during that time period. The National Weather Service is treating the snowfall during that time as one snowfall event but this retailer wants to be billed for 3 separate snows so that it keeps his billing range down in the minimums. Sure would appreciate it if anyone could let me know how you guys handled that snow.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:28 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Divide your bill by three. It's only paperwork they want. Give it to them. It's the old story " BULL**** baffles brains"
Old 01-27-2005, 07:41 PM

It isn't paperwork they want - it is to keep their money iin their own pockets instead of transfering it to mine. We have different billing rates depending on the depth of snow we get and they want to be billed at the minimum because it keeps their costs down and the Mgr. will end up with a bigger bonus at the end of the season. We had drivers on their properties for over 309 hours during that period and had a backhoe in to move the snow piles after the snow stopped falling, all of which their management signed off on before we did any of it. Now that they have seen the invoices they want to re-negotiate what they agreed on. I've told them it ain't happening and they have said to prove to them that we had as much snow as we billed them for. The National Weather Service website says we had between 12 & 14 inches of snow but he wants to only be billed for a 5 inch snow and a 4 inch snow. I think I'm going to just bill him and he will just have to be happy with it.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

If you agree with the National weather service amounts then bill him accordingly and refer to the NWS in your billing. Get your money. Sounds like he will dump you next year and and get a worse scenario. But those $5.00 an hour managers have to learn. Just help him learn fasrer.