Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Plow-Slick the ONLY 1 time per season snow, ice and grime repellent

I am a new SPONSOR and we have a new product called Plow-Slick. It only needs 1 application per season. Plow-Slick was formulated to be as a 1-Time two part, NON-STICK coating that cures into a slicker than teflon finish. It was developed for plows but works great for dump boxes that clog with salt or snow. It is completely resistant to salts and other chemicals. It comes in CLEAR, SAFETY-RED or SAFETY-YELLOW. It is available at PlowSLick.com
Old 10-27-2013, 06:51 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting, but the website needs help and more info

Surface prep?

Pictures??

www.pawinterservices.com
Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 PM

Plow-Slick Info

Sorry about the lack of directions on the site but we figured that the directions would just come with the Plow-Slick.

Anyhow...SURFACE PREP

- Power wash plow and degrease plow blade (front only)
- Take some 200-300 grit paper and lightly sand the surface.
- Take some lacquer thinner and wipe the entire surface down.
- Mix the Plow-Slick at the PRE-MEASURED ratio. This is ultra important because it is a 5/1 ratio. Mix for 2 minutes and do not whip air into the mixture (We always mix with a stir stick).
- Use a 1/4" nap (non shedding) or foam roller and apply a coat. Brush all areas that you can not roll.
- Let dry for 12 hours before use.
- Plow-Slick will dry in 12 hours at 35 degrees but we recommend not freezing your rear off and do it in a garage.

Generally you will have enough left over in a 1-plow kit to coat a shovel or 2.

Total working time at 40 degrees is about 2 hours.

I prepped and coated my Boss 8-2 Poly V in 1 hour. YES, I put on my POLY V that is 1 year old. The new Plow-Slick finish is way slicker than stock.

The material will cure to a finish that will have you saying WOW. When I showed this to the head of Meyers he said WOW and every commercial snowplow company that I have shown it to says WOW so based on that and the fact that we developed it and I still say WOW this stuff is crazy slick.

Now if your plow is beat and you want to paint it prior, that is OK too. Just use the CLEAR Plow-Slick.

If you are too lazy to paint a beat plow then clean it up and put a coat of our safety-red or safety yellow plow-slick on it.

That is it in a nutshell, fairly simple.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:15 AM
2000 Club Member

So how does this do on rusted spots?
Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 AM

You would want to sand the area, prime it and then use one of the colorized plow-slicks. Plow-Slick is a very thin polymer coating so it will not hide imperfections during preparation but will lay on the slickest coating you can ever purchase.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Is the finished product a winkle looking finish?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM

Plow-Slick Finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiffyspark View Post
Is the finished product a winkle looking finish?
The finish looks like glass, super shiny and if feels slippery to the touch but it is actually completely dry and cured onto the plow. The coating is also designed to be flexible so it won't crack off due to flex or impact.

Most people that see it think that it is wet and always look at their hands after they touch it. It is really a unique finish.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM
2000 Club Member

Would love to see some pics, I'm assuming there is no way to use this on a Stainless plow?

2002 Ford F350 CrewCab ShortBed 7.3 Diesel 4x4
-Snowdogg VX95
-Saltdogg TGS07
PHP Hydra Chip, BHAF, Straight Exhaust

Licensed Insurance Agent in Maine/New Hampshire/Mass
Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Plow-Slick on Stainless Plow

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowguy43 View Post
Would love to see some pics, I'm assuming there is no way to use this on a Stainless plow?
As long as you properly prep the surface, degrease, light sand and wipe down with lacquer thinner, you are good to go. Just make sure you use the clear Plow-Slick.

Plow-Slick will adhere to any type of plow as long as the surface is prepped. The general time for prep is about 1/2 hour on a standard 8' plow that is not beat to heck.

Rick
Old 10-28-2013, 06:37 PM

DESCRIPTION

FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY. READ PRODUCT DATA & MSDS SHEET CAREFULLY BEFORE USE.

Plow-Slick is a high-solids clear chemical resistant coating that forms a chemical bond to existing metal and plastic finishes and acts as a final protective shield with phenomenally slick properties

When properly applied and cured, Plow-Slick is more durable than factory applied finishes. Its long pot life (3 - 4 hours depending on temperature and humidity) allows the applicator sufficient open time to hand apply or spray the coating. Plow-Slick can cure at temperatures as low as 38F or 5C and at high levels of humidity with proper procedures. Dry times under ideal temperature conditions (70F or 21C / 40 Relative Humidity) are 2 hours to touch and a final cure in 48 hours

The coating has been formulated to have the highest gloss (+100 DOI/Delta) offered in protective finishes. Plow-Slick has outstanding abrasion resistance and it’s so durable that just 1 application can generally last an entire plowing season.

Plow-Slick is a high solids (80%), two component low VOC (meets California VOC regulations) inorganic silica/oxygen polymerized hybrid resin system which is “pre-oxidized” making it extremely resistant salt spray, UV rays and abrasion.

Store in a clean, warm area where the temperature remains between 60-90F or 15-30C. Cold products are somewhat viscous and will be difficult to mix and apply. Heating of the individual components to 100F - 30C prior to mixing may be required to bring the products to the recommended temperatures. This product has a minimum shelf life of one (1) year when stored at 70F or 20C in the original sealed container.

SURFACE PREPARATION
:
Before applying directly to any existing finish or bare metal surface, it is critical to remove wax, release agents, mineral deposits, calcium scale build-up, rust stains, mold, mildew and all other surface contaminants with a pressure washer (3500-PSI HOT WATER recommended) and a commercial degreaser.

After the surface is clean, it must be sanded with 320 grit wet sandpaper and wiped down with lacquer thinner before applying Plow-Slick.

IMPORTANT

If the surface is not void of contaminants, sanded, thoroughly rinsed and wiped down with lacquer thinner solvent, the coating may not adhere properly.

APPLICATION-TOOLS

Brushes – short bristle, natural and high density foam brushes; Rollers – short nap (1/4” max.) non-shedding; micro-fiber or high density foam roller covers. Spray Equipment – HVLP, airless or conventional spray system. Nitrile Gloves, Eye Protection, Respirator mask (if spraying).

MIXING

Plow-Slick is not very viscous which allows it to be sprayed right right after it is mixed. However, if necessary, it may be thinned with xylene solvent up to 10% of the combined Part A and Part B mixed volume. The mixing ratio is 5 Part A to 1 Part B by volume. Stir Part A separately before combining with Part B. Mix the products using a paint agitator on slow speed for about 1-2 minutes. Pot life begins to be reduced if ambient temperature exceeds 85F or 29C. Put lid on container when not in use.

APPLICATION

For hand application, break down the one-gallon kits into smaller manageable portions.
Approximate theoretical coverage is 600 Sq. Ft. per gallon at 2 DFT mils. The coating should be tack-free in approximately 2 hours at 70F or 20C and reach a final cure in 48 hours at 70F or 20C.

CLEAN-UP

Use xylene or lacquer thinner on equipment and a mild citrus soap on hands.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

In case of contact: EYES - Immediately flush with water for at least fifteen (15) minutes. SKIN - Immediately remove from skin with dry cloth followed by thorough washing with a citrus-based soap and water. INHALATION - Remove to fresh air. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. INDIGESTION - Give large quantity of milk or water, Do not induce vomiting. Contact a physician immediately.

Use only with adequate ventilation when applying indoors. Avoid breathing vapor and spray mist. USE A BREATHING MASK AND PAINTER’S HOOD. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. WEAR FULL LENGTH PANTS AND SHIRTS. Wash hands after using product with a citrus-based soap. Keep all containers closed when not in use.

Do Not Transfer Contents to Un-Labeled Containers and Do not reuse containers. Dispose of all trash in accordance with your local and state laws. Store between 60F (16C) and 90F (32C).

ALWAYS USE PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY
Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM

We are doing another BOSS 8-2" Poly V for a fleet demo. I will take and post some before and after pictures for you guys.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 PM

cant wait to see the pictures. very interested in this product. i think i will be ordering enough to do a couple of my plows before winter. stupid question, i havent looked all too closely, but what do i mix the product with? it says at a 5-1 ratio but im not sure what to mix it with
Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 AM

Plow-Slick Mixing Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jguck25 View Post
cant wait to see the pictures. very interested in this product. i think i will be ordering enough to do a couple of my plows before winter. stupid question, i havent looked all too closely, but what do i mix the product with? it says at a 5-1 ratio but im not sure what to mix it with
Plow-Slick is a 2-part, Polymer coating. You have a (part A) and a (part B) which are already packaged in the correct ratio. You just take the contents of bottle of A and mix with contents of bottle of B.

If you buy a gallon kit then you MUST use 2 measuring cups. One for the A and one for the B. You could take 5 cups of A to 1 cup of B. That would mix up enough to coat approximately 4 Plows.

The Ratio has to be kept at 5 to 1. If you decide to mix up anything other than the specified ratio......let's just say you will have a big costly problem on your hands because it WILL NOT DRY.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:40 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Very interesting...... For $40 plus shipping, looks like something I may be interested in. Any youtube stuff you'd like to share with us ?

92 Cummins with a 8.5 Western Pro Plow
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Plow-Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogplow Dodge View Post
Very interesting...... For $40 plus shipping, looks like something I may be interested in. Any youtube stuff you'd like to share with us ?
Unfortunately, we are so busy shipping out orders that we really did not have time to do a video yet. We are doing a basic picture pack on another 8-2" Boss Poly V this week.

Rick
Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 AM

Thanks to all of you whom have ordered. If you have any application questions, please ask BEFORE you apply.

Thanks again,

Rick
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 AM

We have put a separate order column on our order page for our Canadian customers. Unfortunately international shipping is a few dollars more BUT well worth the price once you use the Plow-Slick.

Because Plow-Slick is a 2-part industrial coating, it can not be shipped by US mail, only UPS ground delivery.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:43 AM

Something I was thinking about, will this work on a dump bed? I dont know how it would hold up to abuse but if it cures like glass and is smooth, it would be awesome.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 AM

How well will this hold up on a steal plow on doing a couple gravel driveways?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Gravel drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
How well will this hold up on a steal plow on doing a couple gravel driveways?
As long as you know how to plow the snow and not the gravel it will hold up very well. It really doesn't scuff or scratch up too easy but it will have to be applied on a yearly basis.