Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM

Looking for Plow shoes with 3/4" shaft

I have a 1985 Sno-way snowplow and it has Plow shoes with a shaft that is 3/4" in diameter. I need two replacement shoes, but I am having a difficult time finding the smaller 3/4" size. I would prefer to run the blade with shoes on.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement shoes at a reasonable price (about $25 each) ? In my searching I see most shoes have a 1" shaft.

If I can't get the 3/4 inch shaft shoes, the other thoughts I had were:
to grind the 1" shaft down to 3/4" or
to drill the bracket holes bigger to one inch.
I don't know if those ideas can even be done. But, then the 1" shaft shoes would fit.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 PM
PlowSite Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstime View Post
I have a 1985 Sno-way snowplow and it has Plow shoes with a shaft that is 3/4" in diameter. I need two replacement shoes, but I am having a difficult time finding the smaller 3/4" size. I would prefer to run the blade with shoes on.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement shoes at a reasonable price (about $25 each) ? In my searching I see most shoes have a 1" shaft.

I don't know if those ideas can even be done. But, then the 1" shaft shoes would fit.
I'd cut the old brackets off and weld on some 1" ID tube. Then you'd have all kinds of choices.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:32 AM

SNO WAY - 3/4 inch shaft plow shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstime View Post

Dan.... Im currently in the same problem.... I just finished up a SNO-WAY plow for my jeep wrangler and come to find out I have 3/4 inch shaft provisions on my plow but like you faced with the problem of finding 3/4 inch plow shoes... Did you locate a source?

Let me know....

Thanks

Rich King
Boonton, NJ
Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 AM

I will check my warehouse and see if I still have any left. Back in the day-1st thing I pulled off. You can have a set if you pay shipping. I will check today and weight them, won't be cheap shipping I'd guess. But cheaper than the dealer!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM

Found 2 pairs. 1 with the bolt on brackets, both measure more than 3/4" more like 5/8". May be a newer plow. Do you have bolt on brackets? If so, take the ones with brackets. I am guessing UPS is 60/70$. Would need your zip code to figure rates. Let me know.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmjwp View Post
Found 2 pairs. 1 with the bolt on brackets, both measure more than 3/4" more like 5/8". May be a newer plow. Do you have bolt on brackets? If so, take the ones with brackets. I am guessing UPS is 60/70$. Would need your zip code to figure rates. Let me know.
Sorry that you didnt leave your name.... Anyway... I have the original brackets and the hole size on these are .800 (Just a wee bit bigger than 3/4) I really think that the 3/4 shafts are the correct ones.... I have removed all of the damage to my brackets and all spindle holes are .800.... The skates with the 5/8 shafts I personally think that these would probably be loose and wobbly in my brackets...

I do have a guy on my end that is also looking at his warehouse to see if he has anything available.

My Address
Rich King
11 North Main Street
Boonton, NJ.

I tried to post a photo of my brackets but the site kicked it back.. Going to try a different method..

Last edited by Rich King; 11-02-2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: tried to add photo...
Old 11-02-2014, 09:38 AM

Sorry about the error on my above post-I meant 7/8". It was a long week! Maybe Basher will pop in. I think my plow is 2002 24d, that these shoes came off of. A lot of years ago. I not sure why I have even kept them. I give every thing else metal to a scrapper to recycle.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:53 AM

I may have a set at my shop. I can measure tomorrow.
2003 F-350 Superduty

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.p...ghlight=mcginn