Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-21-2012, 02:38 AM

2012 dodge plow install

I am getting a new 2012 2500 hemi to plow with in a couple weeks when it shows up. my problem is I went to my local hiniker dealer to get a new underhood harness and mount today and the headlight adapters he wanted me to buy said they were for 2006-2012 trucks. I am quite positive that this cannot be the case. I currently have a 2006 and it has 9008 dual beam headlight bulbs. the new truck has 4 headlights they are h11 low beam and 9005 highs (I think) but he insisted it was the same headlight adapters. I can't be the first one to do this. I have spent hours and hours researching this and it has led me to this site.

Please let me know what you had to do to mount a plow on your 4th gen dodge with quad beam headlights.... It really doesn't matter if it is even a hiniker i guess as no matter what brand plow you use it will need adapters for the lights.
I really don't feel like cutting and splicing the wiring on a brand new 40k truck.
thank you, Tony
Old 01-21-2012, 11:31 PM

Your dealer is rgiht, it is the same. I have a 2010 Ram 2500 CTD with quad headlghts. No matter what headlight setup you have, it still has only 3 wires running to each headlight. It's then spliced inside the headlight housing for your quad setup. Just make sure that the relays for the headlights on your plow harness are 12v and not 14v, or it will trip the TIPM, and your headlights won't work. Unfortunately, I had to find this out the hard way.