Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 PM
2000 Club Member

Central IL, 2011-2012 Snow Thread!

Thought I'd get the ball rolling early this year. Winter can't come soon enough. It's been a hot dry one, and I could use a break from the summer work.

Hope I see the usual faces!

Good luck this season guys.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 AM
2000 Club Member

Thanks Nick!!...Its definitely been a hot one this year. Been working on a few new snow contracts recently, put 2gether a dedicated salt truck, and just picked up another wideout the other day. Pics to come soon.

Hope everyones summer is going well!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
2000 Club Member

hey all hope your summer has benn good just way to frickin hot lateley.AC in house has been on since june every day, all though won't lie I tried to turn it off but just got to darn hot in house again. Hey Nick Hey SNOCRET did you buy OLDDOGGs wideout????

06 Super Duty

"Life's tough enough and it's even tougher if you're "stupid "
Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 AM
2000 Club Member

The heat hasn't been so bad except for those few really hot weeks we had. I still hear stories from the old-timers around the area that talk about 1939(?methinks) and how they had many many days over 105 throughout the spring and summer.

What gets to me is the constant sun shine. No cloudy days to speak of and the sun is almost torture if you aren't working in the shade.

Things have gone good-great this year for me. Slowly expanding, tons of calls, and finally hired on a guy. I'm almost ready to hire another person, but this late in the season and the way my work comp is set up, I'm just going to power through to the end.

Good to see ya back Mike! , and good to see you too DIRISHMAN! Hope you guy's summer has been successful!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:33 AM
2000 Club Member

Plow Truck

Thinking I need to get a second truck this season. Anyone know of a cheap plow truck for sale for my newbie.

Just for small lots, possible help on a big lot, and to haul around a snow-blower. Just need something cheap so he can get some good experience in before I upgrade my PU/work truck and put a plow on it.

Thanks Guys!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRISHMAN View Post
hey all hope your summer has benn good just way to frickin hot lateley.AC in house has been on since june every day, all though won't lie I tried to turn it off but just got to darn hot in house again. Hey Nick Hey SNOCRET did you buy OLDDOGGs wideout????
Thanks DIRISHMAN...you got AC in your mixer? Most of the drivers here dont it seems. And I think my houses AC has been on since late April

No I did not buy olddogs....I generally like buying new.

Here's a couple pics of my new one. Got about 630lbs in the bed in these pics, but will be keeping closer to 8-900lbs in the bed when the season actually gets rolling. Also still need to put my wing edges on (thanks Jerre).
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2011, 10:54 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Thinking I need to get a second truck this season. Anyone know of a cheap plow truck for sale for my newbie.

Just for small lots, possible help on a big lot, and to haul around a snow-blower. Just need something cheap so he can get some good experience in before I upgrade my PU/work truck and put a plow on it.

Thanks Guys!

Dont know of any trucks specifically, but know of a good plow for sale.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocrete View Post
Dont know of any trucks specifically, but know of a good plow for sale.
Got a link or info to your plow?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:21 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Got a link or info to your plow?

Its the poly 7.5 meyer we ran on our old blazer(retired). The plow is in great shape, has a steel edge on it that is in good shape, a poly edge that is at least 1/2 life remaining, & prowings.

You still have my #?.....if so, and if your interested, just give me call.

BTW, I drove through Danvers a couple weeks ago on my way to the airport, and saw your truck sitting just off the main drag....is that your place that sits on the corner?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Its the poly 7.5 meyer we ran on our old blazer(retired). The plow is in great shape, has a steel edge on it that is in good shape, a poly edge that is at least 1/2 life remaining, & prowings.

You still have my #?.....if so, and if your interested, just give me call.

BTW, I drove through Danvers a couple weeks ago on my way to the airport, and saw your truck sitting just off the main drag....is that your place that sits on the corner?
I think I still have your number, PM me it again anyway to make sure I do.

Yep, that's the little place I call home. I really need to try and do more landscaping around it but I've been so busy that I haven't had time. The back-door area around the tree and sign look good, but the west side of the house is pretty blank.

I store all my crap just north of town.

Last edited by White Gardens; 08-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:27 PM

I was wondering when this was going to pop up... started looking for a new thread a couple weeks ago! Summer has been really hot and DRY...

White - I actually am trying to sell my 90 plow truck with the 7.5 meyer on it. I've got an add on Peoria craigslist for it, but can get you more info via PM later this evening...
Old 08-27-2011, 02:58 PM
2000 Club Member

That would be sweet. PM me your info on the truck and we'll go from there.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
I think I still have your number, PM me it again anyway to make sure I do.

Yep, that's the little place I call home. I really need to try and do more landscaping around it but I've been so busy that I haven't had time. The back-door area around the tree and sign look good, but the west side of the house is pretty blank.

I store all my crap just north of town.

pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by awddsm1 View Post
I was wondering when this was going to pop up... started looking for a new thread a couple weeks ago! Summer has been really hot and DRY...

White - I actually am trying to sell my 90 plow truck with the 7.5 meyer on it. I've got an add on Peoria craigslist for it, but can get you more info via PM later this evening...
Good to see you back here Rob! Hope you've been having a good summer!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Not a bad summer by any means, but I definitely like the cooler weather better... Can't wait until fall/winter.

Maybe we should think about a GTG well before we all get busy with prep work for the winter.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Thanks DIRISHMAN...you got AC in your mixer? Most of the drivers here dont it seems. And I think my houses AC has been on since late April

No I did not buy olddogs....I generally like buying new.

Here's a couple pics of my new one. Got about 630lbs in the bed in these pics, but will be keeping closer to 8-900lbs in the bed when the season actually gets rolling. Also still need to put my wing edges on (thanks Jerre).
Hey SnowCrete to answer your question our RIG's Have AC and Radio's air ride seat But i stilll mlike my old ride 1995 mack now I drive a 2008 mack Old one takes more of a beatin than the damn newer one crap hit a bump in the road the wrong way and the light go out or the computerr acts up or side ladder falls and gets bent,ect.ect.ect. Oh yeah nice plow and rigs

06 Super Duty

"Life's tough enough and it's even tougher if you're "stupid "
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 AM
2000 Club Member

While I'm no longer any level of competition for you guys, I'll still hang around and post from time to time.

I just blasted and refinished the mower deck on my old JD, hoping to start on the blade in the next couple of weeks. I'm picking up a blower attachment for it as well. I'll be busy just in my own neighborhood!

2008 Chevy Trailblazer SS
1980 John Deere 317 - Vanguard Repower, 49 Snow Thrower, 3-point hitch, lots of weight
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD Sold
1991 Chevy Silverado 4x4 SFA Sold

Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Hi all. Mike, new truck looks good. John, your old 210 deere ran great all summer. My old man almost killed himself on it but thats a story for the next g2g. (his fault, bad driver)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 PM

hey everybody, good to see everybody's coming back to life. Nothing substantial new with me. Hope to see everybody at the gtg once planned
Stephen
Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
2000 Club Member

Turn! Good to see you back.

We'll need to talk shop soon. I'm still wanting to try a liquid setup on my truck this year.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
2000 Club Member

its almost oct, and we are usually pressed to get everything done by Nov 1. So since my life isnt stress filled enough, I figured a few more projects to complete b4 the season starts would help. Here's a couple pics of 2 things we are getting ready to start - refurb on 1 of the pushers, and repairing/modifying an old 8ft meyer w/prowings (for a skid steer) I picked up the other day.
Attached Images