Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Fisher Wiring Harness

Hi: New to site. I recently purchased a 2006 GMC, the truck previously had a V-plow. The previous owner left a 3 port module in place. The B and C harnesses are in place, A is missing. I have a 4 port wiring harness from a 2003 GM that had an 8 foot straight plow.

Is there and adapter available to combine the 1 and 2 connectors from the 4 port wiring harness that can be plugged in to port A on the 3 port module?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 PM

That I'm not sure of.What kind of plow are you putting on the truck?You have a few options.The first is to buy the other harness for the 3 port module.The second is to find the other two harnesses for the 4 port module.I know my friend has a 05 with a 3 port and I have an 06 with a 4 port and you can tell how many ports you want for a module.What I would do is call fisher directly tech support is very good.I had a problem once and they fixed it right over the phone.If don't mind doing the work you could take the 3 port out and put the 4 port in.Then just sell the 3 port module and the harness with it.Isolation modules usually sell pretty easy.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

The #2 from your 4 port will plug into "A" on your 3 port,from there it depends on what plow your running,if it's a 3 plug set up i have a bunch of extra adapters,i'll give you one,towards the middle of your A+B harness is a square plug,this will adapt the square end to the rectangular end of your #1 controll harness.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 PM

If you have a 3 plug insta-act plow do as Arc said and plug the #2 from the four port into A on the three port module, you will then need to purchase an adapter part #29047 (about $20), which will alow you to plug the #1 port control harness into the empty black four in plug n your C, B ports headight harness.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:37 PM
2000 Club Member

Just so your aware, that V plow control harness will run a straight blade as well. All you need is an adapter in the cab.
PlowGuy.Net

Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Thanks for all the helpful insight. I have not been able to work on it this week but will try tomorrow. I have another question: which orange /black wire do I plug in to the B/C terminal? does it matter? Is it a continuous ground loop? My thought was to connect the ground from the relay to the B/C harness (I'm not sure which one has the black common wire right now; then I'm left with four wires to connect together. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 PM
2000 Club Member

PlowGuy.Net

Last edited by RepoMan207; 12-23-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepoMan207 View Post
Just so your aware, that V plow control harness will run a straight blade as well. All you need is an adapter in the cab.
That adapter is about $40 bucks ( P/N 21792K) and since the truck already had a V plow 7 pin harness he is going to need it to run his straight blade, yes??

2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Short Box 6.0/4.10
8.5' Fisher EZV MM1 w/ Fishstick and Intensifiers
4 YKS Snows on GMC Chrome Wheels, AutoMate Remote Start Daily Driver
2014 F350 SC XLT 8.5' XV2 SS (work ride)
33 years of snowfighting
Whelen TIR3s Front & Rear Taillight strobes (4)

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come"

Old 12-24-2010, 08:45 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
That adapter is about $40 bucks ( P/N 21792K) and since the truck already had a V plow 7 pin harness he is going to need it to run his straight blade, yes??
Yes, your absolutely right. I only paid $25 for mine......but they do run as high as $50 or so.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC518 View Post
Thanks for all the helpful insight. I have not been able to work on it this week but will try tomorrow. I have another question: which orange /black wire do I plug in to the B/C terminal? does it matter? Is it a continuous ground loop? My thought was to connect the ground from the relay to the B/C harness (I'm not sure which one has the black common wire right now; then I'm left with four wires to connect together. Any thoughts?

Thanks
As you can see in the diagram Repo posted the control harness ground plugs into the battery cable negative connection and your 11 pin A port (iso-mod headlights to plow) harness plugs into the B/C port (headlights to iso-mod) harness.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:51 PM

Thanks to all for the info but no luck today. I picked up the adapter but nothing worked. The light came on on the handheld remote and I was able to power it up, but something tripped inside the remote everytime i tried to move the plow. I plugged the battery ground directly in to the module and the headlights worked until I plugged all harnesses according to the diagram and now nothing works.

I picked up a 4 port module and connected the 1 and 2 plugs without the headlights to test the plow and I could not get the plow to move, or the remote to light up. Changed the solenoid and same story.

Fisher closed for the day. any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
2000 Club Member

1st. Define "trip" specifficly please. Do you mean it acted like it blew a fuse....but if you re started the trcuk, it would re power?
PlowGuy.Net

Old 12-24-2010, 10:06 PM
2000 Club Member

There is a red accessory wire that runs off the end of the control harness near where the controller plugs in....follow it to the fuse and check it's condition, then continue to follow it to it's power source....what is it tapped into?
PlowGuy.Net

Old 12-25-2010, 08:38 AM

fisher wiring

Make sure it's not a controller problem, test your controller in a known good working system or get a known good working controller and try it out in your system. I had two Fishsticks that worked last year, one does not power up and the other is intermittenly jerky.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:10 AM

The red accessory wire is spliced into another circuit. I believe it is the door buzzer (key in, door open, buzzer sounds). It just dawned on me that I did not hear the buzzer when I had the door open yesterday until I disconnected everything when I left it for the evening. The batteries were drained and the truck would not start. It is a Duramax 3500. The fog appears to be lifting: the only time the background lights lit up on the fish stick was when the door was closed, or if I turned the truck off and then back to the run position.

What is the proper amperage of the inline fuse on the fish stick wire harness? And does that operate through the module, or directly with the pump? I scanned through the site and saw another reference stating the wire was undersized from the Fisher, which would lead me to believe it's pulling pretty hard.

The trip condition I referred to above occurred when I the fish stick lit up, and I was able to power on the hand held. The red light came on, and I heard a click when I pushed any of the position buttons and then all lights on the hand held went out. I was able to turn the hand held on a few successive times and the problem kept repeating.

So, if the accessory wire is under sourced, and cannot pull the required amp, I can see that the plow would not move.

And now on to the lights. The power for that circuit is powered from the hot side of the relay. I know the lights worked when I started up the truck, and when I connected the black common wire from the A/B harness directly to the negative side of the battery. I don't recall if there was another time when I had the truck running when I was rewiring the common wires. Does the hand held fish stick need to be working in order for the lights to come on? I heard a click in the module when I had the truck lights on, and connected the common wire to ground. The key was in the run position, the truck lights were on, but the plow lights would not switch on. I won't be able to work on this again until tomorrow afternoon. Is there a time when I can connect with you directly?

One last thing, I've checked all of the fuses on the harness and in the truck and none are blown. Is there an inline fuse somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks again for all the helpful insight.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:14 AM

One more thing: what is the difference between the 29047 adapter and the 21792K adapter listed above?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:22 PM

Fisher wiring

10 amp, tap it into a switched accessary circuit at the fuse block.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:31 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
One more thing: what is the difference between the 29047 adapter and the 21792K adapter listed above?
The 29047 adapter is what is shown in my yellow diagram (between the control harness and the light harness), it simply converts the control harness from the typical ISO Male plug, into a male square 4 port weather pack connector. On a 4 port, this isn't used, rather it simply plugs directly into the provided port on the ISO, where as the 3 port it plugs into the light harness,which then trails up to the ISO....

The 21792 adapter simply converts an (EzV) 10 pin ROUND control plug in, into a (straight blade) 6 pin connector, allowing you to utilize the existing V blade control harness to operate a straight blade plow. You'll obviously need a straight blade controller as well.

PlowGuy.Net

Old 12-25-2010, 10:40 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
The red accessory wire is spliced into another circuit. I believe it is the door buzzer (key in, door open, buzzer sounds). It just dawned on me that I did not hear the buzzer when I had the door open yesterday until I disconnected everything when I left it for the evening. The batteries were drained and the truck would not start. It is a Duramax 3500. The fog appears to be lifting: the only time the background lights lit up on the fish stick was when the door was closed, or if I turned the truck off and then back to the run position.
DING DING DING. Not a good a source at all. This is much of your issue.

Quote:
What is the proper amperage of the inline fuse on the fish stick wire harness? And does that operate through the module, or directly with the pump? I scanned through the site and saw another reference stating the wire was undersized from the Fisher, which would lead me to believe it's pulling pretty hard.

The trip condition I referred to above occurred when I the fish stick lit up, and I was able to power on the hand held. The red light came on, and I heard a click when I pushed any of the position buttons and then all lights on the hand held went out. I was able to turn the hand held on a few successive times and the problem kept repeating.

So, if the accessory wire is under sourced, and cannot pull the required amp, I can see that the plow would not move.
The amps isn't as important as WHERE the power is coming from. Disconnect this, and find another source. I have to go back o my notes for an ideal location, but no one else pipes in, I'll post shortly. Whatever you do, make sure it's fused, even if you have to add an inline....

Quote:
And now on to the lights. The power for that circuit is powered from the hot side of the relay. I know the lights worked when I started up the truck, and when I connected the black common wire from the A/B harness directly to the negative side of the battery. I don't recall if there was another time when I had the truck running when I was rewiring the common wires. Does the hand held fish stick need to be working in order for the lights to come on? I heard a click in the module when I had the truck lights on, and connected the common wire to ground. The key was in the run position, the truck lights were on, but the plow lights would not switch on. I won't be able to work on this again until tomorrow afternoon. Is there a time when I can connect with you directly?

One last thing, I've checked all of the fuses on the harness and in the truck and none are blown. Is there an inline fuse somewhere I'm missing?

Thanks again for all the helpful insight.
Yes.

Yes, Email returned, talk to you tomorrow.
PlowGuy.Net