Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 11-08-2010, 04:54 AM

Innovations in Management

Has anyone done business for a conpany called Innovations in Management? They supposedly have the majority of Dollar General Stores. Your input is welcome. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 AM

i have not heard of them
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 PM

im wondering too
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 AM

innovations

They claim to have been in charge of all dollar general inside maintenance for several years now. They now are responsible for the outdoor maintenance so I'm told. This is there 1st year for snow removal and you can tell it in their contract. I don't have the work yet but did bid on some. Their pay is net 45 days?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimax View Post
Their pay is net 45 days?
at least you know that ahead of time. probably means they are waiting to get paid before they pay you. i filled out paperwork for them last year, but never heard anything back
.....i dont bid jobs anywhere near as high and in depth as the people on here do...I bid based on what i wanna make on it, i dont include gas, insurance...blah blah blah i charge what i think is fair without ripping the customer off like most people on here do!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 AM

This company has been doing West Coast maintenance for DG for a few years now. They won the majority of the snow after FM Facility Maintenance lost it this year. They won it dirt cheap (heard around $100 a plow) and are offering it for $55-$75 a service. DG is simply one of those bottom feeders. You get what you pay for and that works for us vendors as well. Better suited for the small guys who ahve nothing invested in tchnology or infrastructure.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:47 PM

FM / Level 1 Suck to work for.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM

a complete JOKE!

They called me up about a dollar general store in the area I told the lady i was only interested in all of them in the area not just one so she asked for my email , took all my info an said she would email a vendor packet. 2 weeks went by she called back an left a message stating that she never recieved my packet so i called her back an got an anwsering machine to which I left a message . 2 more weeks went by an they called back an I spoke with the gal about the message an about never recieving the vendor packet. She went thru her info she had for me an she stated that my email address was put in wrong an she would get the packet right over . While we were talking I threw some numbers out regarding plowing the lot an salting an she said it all sounded good . So I was waiting on this packet for like an hour thru my email an nothing ever came I called her back. I asked her where the packet was an she said that after running my numbers by her boss they opted not to send an if they needed service they would call. I told her better yet tell your boss dont worry about calling I have other clients that appreciate my time an service an left the conversation at that. The one reason I really didnt care about this contract was the fact that they were passing on a store that was far away that no one wanted to service, I asked her why i could not have the 6 along with that one that are in my area she said that they were only responsible for corporate stores. so I wanted to see how true that was an road up to this brand new one they just built about 3 miles from my house , I walked in an introduced myself an the business I was there for , I asked her if this was a corporate store an she said yes it was, so I handed her a card an told her to pass my card on to the manager an she said she would . So after my findings I just figured they were trying to dump this store off on anyone that was interested in taking it , bottom line there a ****** operation with terrible communication, stay away from em,,!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM

They have been hounding me for numbers for a DG that is in a plaza. They have no idea what the specs on the lot are nor can they tell me the areas I am responsible to plow. Their communication is so terrible, it really scares me to do any work for them. When you are getting phone calls from 3-4 different ladies, and none of them are aware the others have already called, it makes me nervous. If their structure and organization is this poor, how are their payments? No thanks. I will sit at McDonald's and drink coffee.
Snow plowing, salt spreading, liquid de-icing
Established 1997
www.hickslawnservicesllc.com
Phillip Hicks, President
Old 11-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickslawns View Post
They have been hounding me for numbers for a DG that is in a plaza. They have no idea what the specs on the lot are nor can they tell me the areas I am responsible to plow. Their communication is so terrible, it really scares me to do any work for them. When you are getting phone calls from 3-4 different ladies, and none of them are aware the others have already called, it makes me nervous. If their structure and organization is this poor, how are their payments? No thanks. I will sit at McDonald's and drink coffee.
Amen to that! Glad I saw this here...Just passed a DG and thought...well it is close to my other accts... Well I will inquire but I will head the warning.

I do the same a lot of times! I'll go sledding while other guys work if I don't fill my route this year! I don't have any worries! Kick back and drink that coffee! I will be right there with ya! We can watch as the other guys get ******* over on this. I hate broker companies... I have never dealt with a good one, and if you guys have one send me their number!!!! Do the foot work yourself and educate clients on exactly what these other companies do (which is just pocket their money).