Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Snowcare for our Troops

I thought I would psot this not for sure if I shoud have put it in the off topic post but here it goes.

I seen this on the Boss snowplows web site and thought it was very interesting. So I thought I would post it on here to see what kind of respones It would get. Also to see who else on here would be interested in signing up to this on helping are Troops out !

THE BOSS Snowplow and Project EverGreen launch SnowCare for Troops New program brings together snow fighters to support military families. MORE >>

http://www.bossplow.com/snowcarefortroops
(1) John deere 455 / Blade
(2) Quads& plows
Bobcat S300
Bobcat T250
( An lots of good subs contractors that are realiable and hard workers) with out them our company would not be what it is today!!
Proud member of
Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
2000 Club Member

Seems like a cool idea to me.

Chevy 2500HD
Takeuchi TL230

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
and I thought I was stupid
Old 07-11-2010, 08:44 PM

I feel it's for a very good cause anything to show our troops we are here for them. I'd hope Just because Boss is apart of it, it will not stop anyone else that thinks this would be a great cause on signing up to help out.
(2) Quads& plows
Bobcat S300
Bobcat T250
( An lots of good subs contractors that are realiable and hard workers) with out them our company would not be what it is today!!
Proud member of
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Sponsor

Hi guys
I saw your posts about SnowCare For Troops. We at BOSS are very excited to be part of the program. I agree that I hope that anyone that wants to participate does so! The biggest thing we need is for guys like you to help us pass the word about it -- again - its all volunteer based, so the more that know about it, hopefully the more that sign up to volunteer.

Volunteering for SnowCare is easy, just follow that link, and you will be taken to Project Evergreen's website. Their you will see a box, that says "Volunteer", you can do so as either a contractor or individual. Once you get to the next screen, you can click and see the Volunteer List, which will let you see who has volunteered already. You don't need to volunteer to see that list. Project Evergreen will take of everything for you - if someone in your area needs your help, they will coordinate directly with you - no hassles whatsoever. I should also point out that if you know of a military family that could use the help - they can also apply for it right on the same site!

Hopefully we'll see your names on the list soon!

Mark Klossner
Marketing Manager, BOSS Snowplows.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM

I signed up because I think it's a great idea and an easy and small way of helping out our troops while they are away defending our freedom.

2001 Ford F350 Flatbed dump
9'2" Stainless Boss DXT
1.75 Yard SS Sander
Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS Mow View Post
I signed up because I think it's a great idea and an easy and small way of helping out our troops while they are away defending our freedom.
MSS -- that's great to hear! Was the process easy? Did you check to make sure your name showed up on the Volunteer list? Let me know.

Mark
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM

signed up and have been passing the word around by me. for both families to sign up ( we have great lakes naval station by us), and a few contractor friends if there interested...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Sponsor

Excellent - thanks Northern Services. Keep passing the word. We post everyone that signs up on our Facebook page too. You can find it at Facebook.com/theBOSSsnowplow
Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Sponsor

I'd also like to note that the SnowCare For Troops website updates the "Volunteer List" twice a week - so if you sign up and your name doesn't appear immediately, just hang in there.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Klossner View Post
MSS -- that's great to hear! Was the process easy? Did you check to make sure your name showed up on the Volunteer list? Let me know.

Mark
Yes it was super easy to sign up! I just checked the list and yes my name was there.

2001 Ford F350 Flatbed dump
9'2" Stainless Boss DXT
1.75 Yard SS Sander
Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Sponsor

As of end of the day yesterday, we have 24 volunteers signed up -- a combination of private individuals and contractors! We really appreciate those of you that have signed up, and hope you can spread the word!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Got my first request today from a Army Reservists that is having to ship out at the end of this week told him our company would be more then happy to assist him in clearing his driveway out this winter while he is serving for our counrty. I'm kind of dissapointed I whould have thought a few more people on here would have commented about wanting to sign up an help our troops out. There's been over 200 visits but only myself an three other's have posted their willingness to help out on here!! I think a lot of us on here can spare at least 15minutes of our time to help a military person out thats having to serve for this coming winter season for our freedoms!
(2) Quads& plows
Bobcat S300
Bobcat T250
Proud member of

Last edited by TPC Services; 07-15-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

I just signed up. I think it is a great idea, and I don't mind helping out at all.
2000 GMC K 2500 1 ton dump- 8' western uni mount and pro wings
1969 Cat 922B Loader Boss BX12
Simplicity 24" snow blower
4 shovels
4 tow straps
lots of spare parts
Old 07-16-2010, 08:45 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
I'd also like to note that the SnowCare For Troops website updates the "Volunteer List" twice a week - so if you sign up and your name doesn't appear immediately, just hang in there.
hey mark , please contact me and send me a PM. Im an active navy reservist and would like to pass along your info to our nosc C/O and Master Chief.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:54 PM

Signed Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longae29 View Post
Nothing says "professional" like some camo on the truck.........
Old 07-17-2010, 05:02 AM

I have been doing this for the past 3 yrs on my own. It really is a good feeling knowing you are doing something to help out but I am going to sign up on the site maybe get a few more. This is a great thing you guys are doing.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 AM
2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
I just signed up myself to help out our troops. I think this is a great idea and a great way to support or troops. It is the least we can do.

Regards Mike
Downeaster Salter
S&W 9mm on me at all times plowing
Old 07-17-2010, 06:34 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
As of end of the day yesterday, we have 24 volunteers signed up -- a combination of private individuals and contractors! We really appreciate those of you that have signed up, and hope you can spread the word!
Hi Mark, this time of year Plowsite is very slow but when Sept gets here you will see more and more people sign up. Most of the guys are over on lawnsite right now. Might want to think about posting something on thw www.lawnsite.com in the off topic forum, my guess is you will got alot more response's.

Regards Mike
Downeaster Salter
S&W 9mm on me at all times plowing
Old 07-17-2010, 07:59 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys What a great idea. Some here know my son is active with the 3-10 avg out of drum. He is company commander of the air wing. On one of his deployments his 2 week return to the states was the dead of winter in watertown NY. Thanks to one of the guys on plowsite in watertown he was able to get his drive cleaned off for his return. Two feet of snow and refreez ice, cost me a few bucks but was worth it so he did not have to tackle that job just to get into his home after being gone for 6 mts. I just signed up and I see some guys here are on board. Lets Make This Happen !!!!! For us seasoned guys remember when people said thanks and would bring out coffee and food to us with a smile. Not like today where its everything negative about your work and more for less. I would love to see a smile from the window and a wave from someone I just helped. I give freebies all the time so what a better way to give back to the troops...

ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country ,
vote for capitalism , vote republican .
Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 AM

This is a great cause and I hope the word keeps spreading! I signed up right after SIMA symposium, after being informed by Boss of their intentions. Hopefully the Boss dealers are helping spread the word too! Lets keep this going!